Summary Sheet: Healthcare & Medical
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||DocCafe||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||Healthcare & Medical||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) (multiple sites)
Description: Hiring a Family Nurse Practitioner for a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). The Family Nurse Practitioner will provide medical care and promote health to patients and to perform administrative duties related to providing care. Provides medical care to ACS adolescents
- Develops and implements treatment plans using diagnostic data.
- Performs complete well-care examinations including physical examinations.
- Performs complete gynecological histories and physical examinations as indicated.
- Writes prescriptions and informs patients about medications prescribed.
- Assists with phlebotomy, as needed, to ensure smooth patient flow.
- Administers Immunizations as needed.
- Completes Court Orders and all other ACS mandated paperwork.
- Evaluates and treats DJJ employees on an emergent basis.
- Administers Hepatitis B vaccinations to employees based on protocol.
- Coordinates organization of prescription medications involving ordering refills for secure and non-secure detainees, discarding medications that are discontinued and preparing medications for NSD.
- Meets with designated supervising physician on a regular and predetermined basis, in order to receive recommendations and collaborate towards delivering quality health care to patients, based on accepted standards of-care.
- Encourages health promotion, disease prevention, and health maintenance. Provides health education on topics including but not limited to preventive medicine and counseling on chronic diseases, as well as parenting, prenatal, nutrition, family- planning, medication usage, and stress management.
- Participates in patient outreach, as appropriate for the site.
- When in the field, acts as on-site supervisor of medical assistants.
- Teach medical assistants about patient care and triage, to improve patient flow, and communicates with Nursing Supervisor regarding status of flow at clinic site.
- Assist the Chief Medical Officer in the development and implementation of medical protocols and medical forms.
- Valid New York State Family Nurse Practitioner license
- 1+ years of clinical experience preferable
- Must have experience from pediatrics to geriatrics
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or other languages a plus
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and other attractive incentives.
- Generous PTO
- Loan forgiveness is available
- All major insurances (health, life, disability, malpractice)
- Work-life balance is valued
- Highly desirable location with convenient access to public transportation
- Parking Available
- A team environment that believes in employee development, professional growth, and company longevity.
- Culture is one of mutual respect, teamwork, and equality.
- The organization embraces and values an inclusive work environment.
Salary: 120,000-140,000. The posted range is not a guarantee. The actual salary will be based on qualifications, experience, and education and could fall outside of this range. Contact us for more information.
View all jobs online at:
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don't let that hold you back from applying. You don't need 100% of the qualifications to add incredible value to the team. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish in this role, we'd love to hear from you!