|Only 2 days left! Apply now in only 2 Minutes for FREE.|
Application Prototype Engineer 3 with Security Clearance
Description: About us: Mission Driven, Employee Focused At CTI, you'll be at the center of an award-winning corporate culture, breaking technological barriers and solving real-world problems for our federal government customers. We are committed to hiring the best of the best, and in return, we offer a world-class, truly unique employee experience that is rare within our industry. If you're a technical changemaker with a passion for Cyber Operations, Cloud and Data Analytics, or Engineering, we're looking for you! Love what you do AND where you work - alongside a supportive, innovative team of like-minded individuals. After all, we know that your best work happens when you live your best life, and we do everything we can to make that possible. Are you ready for your best career move? Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required for this position. The day-to-day: As an Application Prototype Engineer you will develop, maintain, and enhance research prototype application systems (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, algorithm development, manipulation of data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a research team. You'll review and tests application prototype components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results; resolve prototype problem reports; and utilizes development and design methodologies appropriate to the R&D environment. You will also provide specific input to the prototype components system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuses, use of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS)/Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual application prototype components. In this position you should come in with familiarity with Agile processes and structures. Basic Qualifications: TS/SCI w/ poly
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline and ten (10) or more years of experience in application prototype development. Tools and Technology Capabilities: Kubernetes, Linux, OpenStack, goLang, Ansible, Terraform, Git, Gitlab or similar, Glance, Cinder, Nova, API, Nagios, VLANS, Ceph, NFS Responsibilities: Analyzes user requirements to derive the prototype design and performance requirements.
Designs and codes new software or modifies existing software to add new features.
Debugs existing prototype and corrects defects.
Integrates existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
Develops simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
Make recommendations for improving documentation and development process standards.
Hands-on knowledge of programming language such as Python, C, Java, Go.
Ability to work on software development team through lean startup methods.
Exposure to software development practices such as GitHub, Agile, Jenkins tools.
Develops or implements algorithms to meet or exceed prototype system performance and functional standard.
Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
Assists with developing and executing test procedures for prototype components .
Writes or reviews software and system documentation.
Develop research solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
Serve as research team lead at the level appropriate to the application prototype development process being used on any particular project. Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
Oversees one or more application prototype development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the prototype development process being used on any particular project and deliver solutions.
Coordinate system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met. The benefits package: • Affordable healthcare options with 80% employer paid premium PLUS a company-funded HSA
• Dental insurance with 100% employer paid premium
• Vision with 80% employer paid premium
• 100% employer paid Life insurance
• 100% employer paid Short-term and Long-term disability • Annual training, continued education, and professional memberships reimbursement
• Unlimited access to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, AWS, and NetApp training and accreditation
• Annual reimbursement for phone and internet services
• Annual reimbursement for technology i.e. phones, computers, printers, etc.
• 401(k) with company match up to 5% with 100% immediate vesting (after 90 days of employment) The environment and perks: • Professional development investment and paid time off for training
• Contract and work locations in Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, Texas, California, Florida and Hawaii.
• Team building events throughout the year such as Destination Family Events, Holiday Party, Monthly Get-Togethers
• Leadership Team engagement and mentorship
• Performance Recognition
• Unlimited complimentary branded apparel Don't see a job opening that's the perfect fit? Apply to our General Position to join our talent pool for consideration for future or potentially unlisted opportunities. Know someone else who may be a good fit? Refer them through the CTI External Referral Program and you could receive a one-time referral bonus of up to $10,000! Email for more information. Constellation Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Job applicants can submit questions about CTI's equal employment opportunity policy to .