Summary Sheet: HR / Recruitment
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||HR / Recruitment||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Supervisor, Human Resources
The work we do at FDB has never been more important-and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what FDB call Genki.
College Station, Texas may be a small, university town, but the lively cultural scene and local amenities make it a great place for families as well as those who want the ease of small-town life and the convenience of living close to the vibrant pulse of big cities. Eighty-seven percent of Texas' population lives within a 180-mile radius, so we are in the center of it all in Texas. And our site is nestled in the hub of innovation, representing a source of pride for the area.
The Supervisor, Human Resources assists in the implementation of services and programs including development of policies, recruiting and retention, metrics, employee engagement programs, immigration processing, compliance, and other Human Resources programs. They assist and advise company managers about Human Resources policies.
Reports to Director, Human Resources
Work Location College Station, TX
- Help to build effective relationships with business leaders, internal support teams, and other key stakeholders to enable effective implementation of HR plans and programs, while ensuring policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Assess employee engagement and retention, and actively work to identify, analyze, and improve any problematic areas.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and guidance regarding Human Resources policies, procedures, federal, state and local employment regulations.
- Ensure employee assistance services and counseling services are available to all employees.
- Take the initiative to stay current with company and government requirements for hiring, training, compensation, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Assist in coaching employees and managers to uphold the company's priorities and core values.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Coaching, counseling, and guidance regarding complex employment issues.
- Assist in monitoring and auditing compliance with Human Resources policies and/or regulations and ensure proper documentation and reporting occurs.
- Participate in resolving employee conflicts and complete investigations as required. Provide investigation summary report and develop recommendations for future actions, if any. Work with management to administer employee discipline or corrective action when needed.
- Develop, implement, and monitor policy development and documentation.
- Participate in employee relations concerns and issues.
- Implement, review, and guide compensation and benefits administration.
- Maintain performance management and improvement systems.
- Assist and gather appropriate documents in preparation for audits, as needed.
- Partner with Safety Manager to ensure employee safety, in addition to the welfare, wellness and health of employees.
- Support FDB in obtaining appropriate L-visas for employees on secondment and/or permanently assigned to FDBT as well as ensuring employees on H or F visas remain compliant.
- Ensure payroll is processed correctly while meeting strict deadlines; work with third party timekeeping vendor to ensure system is in compliance with FDB policies/practices.
- Help develop and implement leadership training programs for current and new management staff.
Recruiting & Retention
- Facilitate the development of staffing structure, position descriptions, organizational charts.
- Recommend and implement creative approaches to recruiting and retention.
- Ensure background checks, drug screens, and any other pre-employment requirements are conducted timely and in accordance company policy and any applicable federal, state, or local regulations.
- Confirm that I-9's and other required documents are completed and properly filed.
- Participate in career fairs, networking, etc. to increase the candidate pool of qualified candidates.
- Make presentations at College Career Fairs and other venues to promote FDB's recruiting initiatives.
- Initiate the recruiting and staffing for all positions and ensure headcount stays within the approved budget.
- Develop and implement a robust employee onboarding process.
- Coordinate employee engagement committee ensuring that employee events are planned and executed.
- Manage charitable giving, community events and ensure appropriate company participation.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Human Resources or related business field and 7+ years of related experience; or
- Associates Degree and 9+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of experience in a lead or supervisor role required.
- PHR, SPHR Certification preferred.
- strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient with standard office equipment and software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other HR specific software applications).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to handle confidential information and employee relations issues; must have an excellent sense of discretion and sensitivity.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically to align HR strategy with business goals and provide support on special projects.
- Must read, write, and speak clearly.
- Professional appearance, attitude, demeanor.
- Customer service orientation.
- Role model for company core values of trust, delighting our customers, Gemba, and Genki.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
Join us! FDB is advancing tomorrow's medicine, impassioning employees to chase the impossible and continually expand their potential. We are a company of emboldened goal seekers - driven by an innate desire to better ourselves, our families, our workplace, our company, our community and the world at large.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email or call .
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.