Summary Sheet: Engineering
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Wood||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Technical Safety Engineer
Description: Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently searching for a Process Safety Engineer - Junior Level to participate on projects out of the Wood Houston - Park Ten campus. Project scope may vary, but will primarily focus on providing input to studies pertaining to Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) and Risk Management. Projects include both onshore and offshore facilities. Candidates should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Uses advanced technical knowledge to perform technical safety study work with guidance and direction from more senior staff. Will participate on individual PHA and Risk Management studies on projects ranging from smaller scale to large and complex projects.
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative assessments on a wide assortment of projects, resulting in individual evaluations of potential consequences associated with a variety of project hazards.
- Understanding of studies ranging from facilitated workshops (HAZID, HAZOP, etc.) to desktop assessments incorporating CFD and non-CFD modeling (Fire and Explosion Risk Assessments, dispersion and thermal radiation modeling, etc.).
- Understanding of Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), including frequency analysis, and Formal Safety Assessment studies.
- Strong communication and interface skills between the technical safety team and other engineering disciplines.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or Fire Protection Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of technical safety and/or process safety engineering experience
- Experience using non-CFD consequence modeling software
- Experience using CFD consequence modeling software a plus
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Occasional field visits, climbing stairs, ladders and lifting up to 25 lbs.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.