Summary Sheet: Trades & Services
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Yoder Family of Companies||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||Trades & Services||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Automotive Service Technician - Yoder Chevrolet
Description: Automotive Service Technician - Yoder Chevrolet
Do you want to be a part of a positive and hardworking culture?
Look no farther, come join Yoder Chevrolet!
OPPORTUNITY FOR A SIGN ON BONUS!
Who we are
We are a full-service automotive company that has been a cornerstone business serving the automotive needs of our customers since 1908. We strive to exceed the customer expectations in new and convenient ways that gains their trust for generations. Yoder Chevrolet is a part of The Yoder Family of Companies. To learn more about who we are, the services we provide and our commitment to customer safety and satisfaction, visit , to read our story and more!
Technician Position Summary
We are a full-service automotive repair facility that is part of a cornerstone business serving the automotive needs of our customers since 1908. WCG provides mechanical repair and preventative maintenance services for all makes & models. The Service Technician is responsible for performing accurate diagnostics and is responsible for providing fast, accurate, high-quality, efficient mechanical repairs. This position is responsible for nurturing and cultivating a positive culture and work environment that aligns with the organization's mission and values.
Duties and Major Responsibilities
- Diagnoses and repairs vehicles to specifications, ensuring they are safe to drive.
- Test drives vehicles and tests components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examines vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Confers with advisors and/or customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Reviews work orders and discusses work with supervisors.
- Tears down, repairs, and rebuilds faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassembles units and inspects parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Repairs or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Rewires ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Repairs manual and automatic transmissions.
- Closely inspects parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, and other troublesome items.
- Adequately explains the technical diagnosis and required repairs to non-mechanical individuals.
- Completes accurate notes/records on RO in DMS.
- Participates in ongoing technical education.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Strictly adheres to all company safety policies, rules, and training
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Automotive trade or technical school preferred.
- ASE certification is desirable.
- 3+ years of automotive Technician experience.
Wage: $30 - $50 Flat Rate Hour depending on experience.
- Regular work hours are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Employee hours vary and are dependent on business needs.
- The position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with one 7-4 Sat per month.
Benefits If hired to a full-time position , the company provides vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) employer paid life insurance, health, dental, vision, pet insurance, and company discounts.
If hired for a part-time position the company provides paid sick time and company discounts. No other benefits are offered.