| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Radius Staffing Solutions||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Physician / Alaska / Locum or Permanent / Health Educator WIC / Tobacco Job
A small Alaskan fishing community is looking for a Health Educator to be responsible for providing support to the WIC Program and Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program. Responsibilities include processing WIC applications, providing education to the community and surrounding native tribes, promoting tobacco prevention and cessation efforts focusing on pregnant women and families with children living in the household to decrease secondhand smoke exposure.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior WIC Program experience or experience in a related field
- Certified as a WIC technician (CPA).
- Must possess cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity to traditional Alaska Native values.
- Must be a self-starter with good organizational skills.
- Must be willing to complete the Tobacco Treatment Specialist training within one year of hire or at the first opportunity the training is offered, whichever comes first.
- Must be tobacco free. Must possess cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity to growth and development over the life span (pediatric/adult/geriatric) of patients/clients and possess the ability to evaluate patient's/client's condition, interpret patient information, identify patient's needs and provide appropriate age-specific care according to established policies and procedures.