Summary Sheet: HR / Recruitment
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Southern Research||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||HR / Recruitment||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
Southern Research (SR) is a translational research institute that transforms ideas into innovation, and innovation into jobs and economic opportunity. Over its 80-year history, SR has developed seven FDA-approved drugs, contributed to the development of over half of chemotherapies currently in use in the US, and served hundreds of commercial, academic, and government partners. SR recently unveiled a new strategic plan centered on making Birmingham and Alabama national biotech centers of excellence in partnership with Alabama academic institutions, policymakers, educators, and economic development organizations.
Southern Research is at a pivotal moment in its 80-year history. At the start of 2022, SR launched a new strategic plan focused on translational research in the life sciences. SR will invest over $150 million in this new strategy, including development of new facilities, platforms, and programs. These investments will allow us to build cutting-edge industry partnerships, better serve client needs, and drive development of new IP to launch and support startup companies.
We are looking for an energetic and nimble agent who thinks critically, relishes details, effectively collaborates with a diverse array of stakeholders, and has demonstrated an interest in scientific research, commercialization, and economic growth.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops offer letters for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree or HS plus 6 years of HR experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Comfort in a dynamic work environment, collaborating with stakeholders across divisions of the organization.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills. Passion for building relationships.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Passionate about translational research, commercialization of new technologies, and innovation-driven economic development
Work Environment & Conditions
This position is typically located in an office environment. Position requires ability to work on a computer, sit, and stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to move up to 15 pounds at times.
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations