Summary Sheet: Trades & Services
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Takeda||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||Trades & Services||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Senior Instrumentation and Controls Technician
Shift 2 (Swing):
This position reports to Swing (2) shift. This shift schedule isMonday-Friday from2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
About the role:
You will report on Swing (2nd) shift. The shift schedule is Monday to Friday 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM. Maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs on the process instrumentation systems. Prepare calibration reports. Understand the basic process and control theory of a Critical or Major Systems
How you will contribute:
- Expected to demonstrate the skills of a Instrumentation Technician
- Represent and Communicate for the department in a meeting setting.
- Implement internal department projects.
- Responsibilities include technical understanding and Advanced troubleshooting skills of electrical and pneumatic instrumentation.
- Perform installation and modifications, or work together with Engineering, Maintenance, Process Control, or outside contractors on new installations and modifications.
- Preform calibrations on Temperature, Pressure, Conductivity, UV, Balances, Scales, Vacuum, pH, CL2, ORP, Timers, RPM, Liquid/Gas Flow, and Gas detector instrumentation.
- Operate, Maintain, and repair of calibration test equipment.
- Understand Automated Control systems and control system instrumentation concepts, and the relationship between each other.
- Initiate corrective action to ensure potentially hazard situations are avoided and safety standards are maintained relative to production or facilities.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for Planning/Scheduling and performing instrumentation calibrations under the Metrology program.
- Knowledge of PLC, Microprocessor, and control system logic.
- Read and interpret Loop, P&ID, Wire, and Electrical drawings.
- Spec out like for like or like non-like for like instrumentation, to meet manufacturing process requirements.
- Perform Planning and Scheduling for calibrations for their assigned area.
- Review Calibration Reports and Instrument Status Update Report.
- Verify Out of Tolerance Conditions.
- Help review the System Specification and Piping Identification Drawing verifications.
- Provide feedback across the function team.
- Work with customers when the supervisor is not available.
- Oversee work performed by team members to ensure execution, resource allocation and complete, and accurate documentation.
What you bring to Takeda:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate or commensurate combination of technical education and experience.
- 2 year technical/AA/AS degree in metrology, instrumentation, electronics, or related technical discipline.
- 8 years of Process Instrumentation and Calibration experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, or 5+ years of Process Instrumentation/Calibration experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment with a Certified Calibration Program by American Society for Quality
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 55 lbs.
- May be required to (rarely) push up to 450 pounds when calibrating scales.
- In general, you will do a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Will work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold and wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Non-Exempt Roles only: Will work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Base Salary Range: $44,100.00 to $63,000.00. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - CA - Los Angeles