Summary Sheet: HR / Recruitment
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||HR / Recruitment||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Human Resources Generalist
The work we do at FDB has never been more important-and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what FDB call Genki.
College Station, Texas may be a small, university town, but the lively cultural scene and local amenities make it a great place for families as well as those who want the ease of small-town life and the convenience of living close to the vibrant pulse of big cities. Eighty-seven percent of Texas' population lives within a 180-mile radius, so we are in the center of it all in Texas. And our site is nestled in the hub of innovation, representing a source of pride for the area.
The Human Resources Generalist actively participates in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department. The HR Generalist supports the Director, Human Resources in the administration of the Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs. Under the direction of the Director, the HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas to include but not limited to: Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), HR departmental processes, benefits, ADA/FMLA, Worker's Compensation, I-9, and other legal compliance tracking. They will also support our site in Watertown, MA. The Human Resources Generalist will be instrumental in supporting the Company's commitment to EEOC/Human Rights, as well as all state and federal regulations in regard to employment law.
Reports to Director/Associate HR Manager/Supervisor, Human Resources
Work Location College Station, TX
Travel As needed
- Monitor and audit compliance to regulatory concerns and ensure proper documentation and reporting occur. Escalate issues to the HR Leadership team.
- Partner with the HR Leadership team and/or the Employee Relations Specialist to monitor employee relations issues and assist in implementing programs that will create a positive organizational culture.
- Help respond to and triage human resources concerns from staff and managers to ensure timely and effective customer service.
- Monitor the initiation of the annual goals and annual performance review process and provide updates monthly to the HR Leadership team for tracking and follow up.
- Educate managers and employees on our performance management policy and processes.
- Review current job descriptions and career paths for harmonization and meet with managers to discuss needs.
- Review all new hire paperwork and ensure all appropriate background investigations, drug testing, and/or reference checks are completed, where applicable.
- Establish and maintain databases to include but not limited to tracking:
- Job Openings
- Referral Program
- Applicant resumes/applications
- EEO/Vets4212 mandated tracking
- Scholarship recipients
- Recognition Requests
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Visa Tracking
- Facilitate and/or help conduct the orientation/on-boarding process for new associates.
- Evaluate selection and employment tools and processes for effectiveness.
- Audit bi-weekly payroll and employee timesheets for accuracy/completeness.
- Help coordinate the administrative activities of Human Resources.
- Help evaluate the training and development program and timeline for the current staff.
- Drive process excellence by continuously looking for opportunities to operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Support the HR Leadership team in providing required reports in support of funding and/or legal requirements.
- Additional projects/assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field and 4+ years of related experience; or
- Associates Degree preferably in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field and 6+ years of related experience.
- High School Diploma or GED and 8+ years of related experience.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM CP or other HR Certification preferred.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or highly regulated and fast paced industry preferred.
- Must be proficient with standard office equipment and software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other HR specific software applications).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent program management skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must read, write, communicate, and speak clearly.
- Ability to deliver polished and professional presentations. Professional appearance, attitude, demeanor.
- Customer service oriented.
- Creative approach to recruiting and retention.
- Role model for company core values of trust, delighting our customers, Gemba, and Genki.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Onsite attendance is required.
Join us! FDB is advancing tomorrow's medicine, impassioning employees to chase the impossible and continually expand their potential. We are a company of emboldened goal seekers - driven by an innate desire to better ourselves, our families, our workplace, our company, our community and the world at large.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email or call .
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.