|Only 2 days left! Apply now in only 2 Minutes for FREE.|
Description: Job Number: 3861
Group: Magna Exteriors
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
The Automation Technician is responsible for implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining all automation equipment including, robotics and controls programming.
PAY RATE: $43.69/Hr (after probationary period)
Magna offers excellent Medical and Dental Benefits, after one month. Profit Sharing and Life insurance is available to all full-time employees along with a proactive wellness program, including a gym on-site. Join our team and thrive in a culture of respect, innovation and opportunity. Perfect if you're looking for a new challenge in an automotive company that has always been successful & values people, join us.
- PLC, robot and HMI programming, implementation and troubleshooting
- Preventative maintenance of production and support equipment
- Repair of equipment
- Design, verification and maintenance of electrical schematics
- Assist in setting up, maintaining programming, electrical components and schematic standards
- Assist in proper maintenance of all programming software, application files and programming hardware
A Division of Magna, Polycon Industries is a World Class supplier of automotive parts. Polycon moulds, paints, assembles and sequences automotive products to OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
- Graduate of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology (3 year Robot and Automation Program) and/or Provincial Electricians Ticket (442A or 309A) or applicable substitute
- Experience with automated equipment required
- Experience with automated mould, production and process equipment preferred
- Strong knowledge of PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Strong Knowledge of Robotics (ABB, Fanuc, Motoman)
- Strong knowledge of HMI programming (FTV, View, RSView32)
- Strong knowledge of various networks (Ethernet/IP, DH+, RIO, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus2, RS232)
- Ability to interpret and design electrical schematics
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.