Summary Sheet: Engineering
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Calportland||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Process Engineer
Description: Job Summary
Please note that this position is located in Redding, CA.Relocation assistance is available. Come work for a company that has been around for over 130 years and continues to grow and play a significant role in the building of America!
The Process Engineer will support the plant production function, and optimize the operation, performance, and efficiency of all manufacturing processes. Benefits
At CalPortland, were proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our most important resources: our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at CalPortland. Thats why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from. All regular full time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental and vision plans. Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, and retirement program. The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from. Compensation
$75,000 - $95,000 annually DOE Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe work environment in the execution of all duties and activities.
- Perform daily tracking and monitoring of daily budgeted production goals for the raw grinding system, pyro process system and cement ball mill systems.
- Regularly troubleshoot in the field with plant operators on a variety of production issues.
- Notify plant management when operating systems fall out of budgeted specifications.
- Conduct quarterly mill and kiln audits with assistance from Corporate Process Engineering.
- Responsible for increasing the efficiency of unit operations, specifically kiln burning, crushing, grinding, flow of heat, flow of fluids and materials handling.
- Collaborate with the Automation Engineer for programming and usage of the process computer systems, optimization of and simplifying the existing plant operations and special projects.
- Review new capital project equipment designs for process efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Supervise capital improvement projects when assigned
- Conduct root cause analysis of failures and under-budget production periods to determine most appropriate corrective actions.
- Work with supervisors and operators across the organization to solve existing process problems.
- Identify and develop modifications to plant equipment and processes to increase efficiency.
- Maintain current records of individual kiln and mill system operating parameters, setpoints, process variables, targets and PID parameters.
- Manage the Quarterly Energy Report with the assistance of others
- Assist the Energy Management Team with identifying and implementing energy efficiency projects
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering; Chemical Engineering degree preferred. Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience with industry process control computer systems
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently
- Able to effectively lead meetings
- Able to maintain records, data and meet recording requirements as needed
- Experience in a cement or related manufacturing environment
- Experience with a large ERP system - SAP preferred
- Experience with data collection systems, preferably Pi
- Familiarity with expert control systems
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to work in the field regularly, climb up and down stairs, walk on uneven ground, be exposed to dust and noise, heat and cold weather. Will be required to pass fit for work test to confirm ability to perform physical work when needed.
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.