Summary Sheet: Construction
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Nayr Recruitment||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Contract||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Work Control Supervisor
Works Control Supervisor
- Nuclear - Thurso
Contract Length: 12 months
IR35: Not applicable - PAYE/Umbrella only
Pay Rate to Candidate: ss15.52 - ss24.70 per hour PAYE
A vacancy has arisen for a Works Control Supervisor within Operations Directorate. The purpose of the post is to ensure the safe, efficient, environmentally compliant completion of programmed work. The job holder will be responsible for suspending work where there are breaches of safety arrangements or lack of resources and issuing permits.
The job holder will:
• Liaise with facility, maintenance and project teams to ensure work packs including D160/E1 and permits are approved and completed correctly prior to issue.
• Participate in work scope and hazard reviews, work scheduling and interactions and identification and mitigation.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
• Review/prepare safe system of work documentation.
• Support the Works Control Team Leader in the day-to-day delivery of tasks and problem solving.
• Monitor contractor performance.
• Review and apply STOP work principles as appropriate.
• Understand commercial implications of changes to scope of work.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post (i.e. Permit Issuer).
Experience / Qualifications:
• Knowledge of civil/construction/excavation works would be advantageous
• Open, flexible approach to work and prepared to undergo further training as required
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to time deadlines whilst maintaining quality of output
• CITB Site Management Safety
• 3 years Site Knowledge/Experience
• 2 years Safety Management Systems