|Only 3 days left! Apply now in only 2 Minutes for FREE.|
Water Treatment Scientist
Water Treatment Scientist
Salary: Up to ss30k per annum, plus standby
Hours: 37 Hours
Location: Based at Seedy Mill Water Treatment Works (near Lichfield)
At South Staffs Water incorporating Cambridge Water we pride ourselves on the quality of our drinking water and the customer service we provide. To maintain our high standards, it is vital we can demonstrate the quality of the water we supply.
With Water Quality high on our list of priorities, we are looking to recruit a Water Treatment Scientist to help us meet our regulatory requirements. Reporting to the Water Treatment Manager, you will be an expert in water treatment processes and quality control at our Northern Production sites including Seedy Mill treatment works.
Main duties will include:
• Ensure compliance with Water Quality Regulations and Company policies at treatment sites.
• Collect water quality samples, in line with accredited sampling processes; and undertake on-site laboratory testing for critical site parameters.
• Analyse and interpret water quality and operational data, including SCADA, in order to optimise plant performance and identify process issues.
• Investigate and provide written and verbal reports, related to breaches of standards or poor performance.
• Identify risks/weaknesses in existing treatment controls, formulate and promote solutions to mitigate risks.
• Provide water treatment process and water quality advice, support investment project delivery and operational activities across the Northern Production region.
• Own, develop and maintain treatment process policies, procedures and documentation.
• Complete routine and ad-hoc tasks to support the day-to-day activities of the Water Quality department as and when required including representation at cross departmental meetings.
• Deliver specialist water quality training to operational colleagues.
It is essential that the successful candidate has excellent written and verbal communication and IT skills and be educated to graduate/HND level in Chemistry, Biology or related scientific discipline. Practical laboratory skills are required. A full valid driving licence is also essential. Experience in a drinking water treatment and/or quality or related area would prove advantageous. The role also requires participation in an "out of hours" standby rota.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter expressing the skills and qualities you will bring to the role to -
Closing Date 18th June 2021
Other job opportunities