Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Access Group||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Access Group|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Supply Chain Implementation Consultant
Supply Chain Implementation Consultant
As an Access Consultant specialising in the implementation of ERP and supply chain solutions within the manufacturing and distribution sector, you will bring with you experience through a proven track record of employment or consultancy within the MRP/ERP/Supply Chain arena. You will be required to deliver high quality consultancy services and training to Access manufacturing & distribution customers according to agreed procedures/standards.
The role of Consultant is pivotal to the business, which is very client focussed. You will be working within a proven and quality assured implementation methodology framework; and have exceptionally flexible and functional software at your disposal, with scope to have a positive influence on the design of the product. Above all you will be the sort of person that likes to get on with people and to 'get things done' in a Project Team environment. Your work will require travel in the UK, and occasionally abroad. You will be expected to be a team player and to work in an ethical and professional manner at all times with both colleagues and customers.
You will develop into a specialist in our Access manufacturing applications, which covers:
1. Supply Chain functions, such as order processing, stock, MRPII, production control, traceability, procurement.
2. Finance functions, such as Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Nominal Ledger, Cashbook & Payroll.
3. 3rd party complementary products such as Crystal reports
Day-to-day, you will:
• Deliver software implementation project to cost, to time, to standard.
• Map out business processes, documenting the client's business, what it does, how it does it, identifying key issues, etc.
• Train the client's project teamsubjects for training include application software, system administration, report writing and form design.
• Build and pilot a system, working with the client's project team to configure and trial the system, including form design, reporting and user procedures.
• Identify and resolve issues, owning the delivery of the solution and must escalate issues to the relevant people (within Access and the client) to ensure the project is a success.
• To plan and facilitate the delivery of projectsIn conjunction with the client, and the Access Consultant Manager you will support the creation of Project Terms of Reference documents and contribute to the delivery of the project according to the agreed plan, ensuring that the key project documentation is kept up to date.
• Build and develop good working relationships. Contribute to the improvement of departmental processes.
• In the client environment, you will be expected to coach and facilitate their project team members.
• To learn the software and ensure you are always aware of new functionality.
• Where software improvements have been identified, you will be expected to create specifications for solutions that meet best practice as well as specific client needs.
• Timely and accurate time recording & project documentation. Recording of time spent on project activity for billing purposes. Creation and sign off of Site Visit Reports for each visit you carry out.
• Interact with may other stakeholders in the business linked into the various products you will be supporting.
As a well-rounded Consultant, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• The ability to communicate with Senior Managers and Directors at the client, especially with regard to business challenges.
• The ability to understand and communicate the issues affecting a business.
• A willingness and ability to learn and apply new skills quickly.
• The ability to use software to address business issues.
• Experience of working as a customer-facing software implementation consultant
• Success in a multi-project software environment
• Ability to train and educate in both business concepts and software functionality
• Facilitation skills
• The ability to lead, or work as part of, a team consisting of a broad range of people
• The ability to grasp the detailed elements of a problem
• Written work that is factually correct, accurate and well presented with good grammar.
• The ability to report on and manipulate data using a reporting package such as Crystal Reports.
• An interest and appreciation of emerging technologies
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Good judgement
• Commercial acumen
• Playing a lead role in ERP software implementation projects
• Detailed business experience of manufacturing, distribution or service oriented companies, whether as an employee or consultant
• Customer facing roles
• Understanding the terms used in relevant business areas e.g. MRP2, APS, CRM, ABC, traceability.
• Consultancy in both business processes and application software
• Ability to use Microsoft SQL Server tools for importing and exporting data
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
• Scope to learn 5-10 supporting products, giving opportunities for personal development.