Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Key Talent Personnel||Advertiser Type:||Not Specified|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Software Engineer (C/C++, Embedded, Ubuntu)
Software Engineer (C/C++, Embedded, Ubuntu)
Key Talent Personnel a bespoke, technical recruitment agency are working with a growing software house, operating in the Gaming industry.
Software Engineer (C/C++, Embedded, Ubuntu) - GREENFIELD PROJECTS, GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BE CREATIVE IN A NEW TEAM.
Job description :
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for delivery; ensuring any risks, issues, resource needs or external co-ordination required for delivery are brought to the attention of the relevant people in a timely fashion.
- Provide implementation estimates and make best endeavours to meet them. This includes working outside normal contracted hours to meet product delivery and forms part of taking responsibility for delivering the project.
- Travel internationally when required.
- Extensively test product so that it enters the product assurance process with minimal defects.
- Adhere to in-house/project coding/design styles, tools and methodologies.
- Produce high quality, well-commented, re-usable designs/code/classes.
- Understand, acknowledge and produce solutions that satisfy the commercial requirements of the company.
- You must highlight areas where the design, architecture and procedures can be improved and if required implement these changes.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Linux (ideally Ubuntu)
- Solid C/C++ experience
- A range of hardware device protocol experience (USB/RS232/RS485)
- Solid Win32 API
- Solid Multi-threaded application development
- Windows sockets (winsock) experience OR interfacing to hardware through low-level protocols such as RS232
- Embedded software development on an applicable platform
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related discipline
- Significant professional experience covering full development life-cycle
To submit your CV, please click on apply now