Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Solutions Through Knowledge||Advertiser Type:||Not Specified|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager
If you are working as a: Software Development Manager, Technical Team Leader, Development Manager, Senior Software Developer, Technical Manager or similar - then this role may be of interest.
Great opportunity to work within a fast paced and dynamic environment for a successful SME that provides web based and mobile software solutions to their blue chip clients.
They have a newly created Software Development Manager opportunity, where the successful applicant will be responsible for delivering high quality software projects and providing day to day management of the software development team.
As Software Development Manager, you will have a strong software development background and be comfortable coaching and mentoring the software development team to produce the highest quality software, exercising best practice and strict adherence to coding standards. You will provide help and advice in all areas of the code and offer direction to where improvement is required.
You will be supported by an experienced senior manager who embodies the company's core value of continuous development, improving staff through training and on the job experience, whilst striving to improve processes and systems.
• Software development background with strong coding skills using Visual Studio and C#
• Experienced with Jira and bit bucket and the 'git flow' branching strategy
• Experience of design patterns and applying an effective long-term development strategy
• Ability to coach and mentor developers during code reviews
• Experienced with SQL server, entity framework and server technologies.
• Provide Architectural and technical leadership for software development
• Establish software development standards and processes along with best practice for delivery of robust and scalable, high quality software.
• Drive high standards of software quality and ensure the team are focussed on continuous improvement through code review and peer collaboration.
• Provide input in to functional design and challenge any aspects you feel could be improved
• Effectively manage resources to enable delivery of software on budget and within expected timescales and project deadlines.
• Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business
• Recruitment of new staff
• Experience of working in Agile/ DevOps environments
• Delivery of high quality working software
• Ensure software is easily maintainable and adheres to best practice
• Manage software releases and software issue resolution
• Manage the Software Development Team
• Effective Planning and execution of Projects in conjunction with the Senior Manager
• Ensure work is delivered on time and within budget