Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Lorax Compliance Ltd.||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Lorax Compliance|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Software Developer
Who are you?
You are an experienced software development professional looking for a new challenge or to take your knowledge and proficiency of modern software development to the next level. You have a passion for software engineering and a desire to stay at the forefront of modern software development. You should relish the chance to work with the latest cloud and serverless technologies and enjoy the challenge of learning the ins and outs of an existing application and how it can be improved. You should be excited at the prospect of working for a small agile development team that moves quickly. You have an environmental conscience and want to work for a like-minded ethical company with an easy-going atmosphere.
Who we are
Lorax Compliance Ltd is an environmental technology company based in Rugby, Warwickshire. Founded in 2014, our mission is to be global leaders in the field of international Product Stewardship and Extended Producer Responsibility by providing world-leading technology and consulting solutions for companies with an environmental conscience.
The companies we work with are obligated under the Extended Producer Responsibility regulations, which make them responsible for the waste they create; this covers the products they produce (electronic, batteries, textiles, tyres), the packaging they supply it in and the supply-chain they purchase it from.
The regulations we handle are worldwide; we have an international presence both in reporting scope and customers.
Lorax Compliance Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
What we offer
A competitive salary, the opportunity to request flexible working hours and remote or home based working days alongside a generous benefits package and many opportunities for professional or personal growth.
The purpose of this role is to support the development of our world class cloud based environmental software which provides environmental submissions and solutions to our international customers. You will join our expanding development team and be involved in a wide range of configuration and development projects from the start.
- Completion of development tasks through Scrum Agile methodology
- Participate in all scrum activities including stakeholder meetings, bi-weekly sprint planning meetings, retrospectives and daily scrums
- Analysing functional documentation / requirements for validity and feasibility
- Use continuous delivery and infrastructure to build, manage and deploy systems quickly obeying release processes and meeting quality at all stages
- Implement clean code, adhering to recognised standards and organisational practices
- Configuration of customer systems and software components using scripting in SQL, XML, JSON and YML
- Customer data analysis, reporting and visualisation (BI)
- Be an active team player suggesting improvements to tools, techniques and frequently used processes
- Be conscious of non-functional requirements when building solutions such as scalability, performance and usability
- At least 3 years' experience in an Agile environment
- Good eye for design and an attention to detail
- Good understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of C# (.NET, .NET Core, MVC, Containers) and the Microsoft .NET IDE (Visual Studio)
- Good working knowledge of relational databases (Microsoft SQL), NoSQL databases (DynamoDB)
- Implementation experience (API use) and good working knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services) technologies such as SWF, Step, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, CloudWatch
- Strong understanding of Restful API's, JSON, XML
- Experience using GIT, preferably in Azure Repos
- Keen interest in new technologies and a want to understand the capabilities and limitations
- Ability to problem-solve with a creative approach to using technical solutions
- Bachelor's degree, professional qualifications, or relevant experience
- Permission to work in the UK, by the start of employment
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Interest in Front End technologies and frameworks such as React, Angular, Fluent
- Knowledge of warehousing databases (Redshift)
- Excellent communicator with an ability to inspire and collaborate with a range of stakeholders
- At least 8 years Software Development experience
- Full UK driving licence
The selection stages will run from now with the role filled by July.
The stages of the process will be as follows:
- CV and Cover letter submissions by 12 th June
- [DC/PP] Lorax review (throughout the application period)
- [DC/PP] Preliminary telephone interview
- [DC/PP] Test June
- [DC/PP/DM] Final interviews late June
- [DM] Job offers no later than July