Summary Sheet: Trades & Services
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||CRA Group Limited||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||Trades & Services||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Alexandra King|
|Employment Type:||Temporary||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Senior Traffic Order Officer
- The Senior Traffic Order Officer is responsible for managing the preparation of Orders and Notices relating to Prescribed Routes, Waiting Restrictions, Controlled Parking Zones, Bus/Cycle Lanes, Speed Limits, Stopping up of highways, Road Humps and Pedestrian Crossings and any other that are deemed necessary to regulate the flow of traffic on the public highway.
- To provide advice and support to senior management/ other staff as appropriate.
- To provide a strategic management role for the traffic order making service, demonstrate good leadership skills in managing staff and take an active part in themanagement activitieswithin the business unit.
- To manage a dedicated team of directly employed staff and external resource responsible for the successful delivery of services
- To deputise for the Transport Manager as required
- As a senior member of the team to be jointly responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the team functions and to carry out service-wide management and to make decisions as appropriate for the benefit of the team.
- To lead on the development, implementation and maintenance of electronic management systems for the management of traffic orders to demonstrate improvements to the service area which are effective and efficient .
- To be the lead officer responsible for managing the drafting of orders and public notices after undertaking the necessary pre-draft research. To lead on the coordination of order making throughout the business unit to minimise abortive work and maximise synergy of operation through developing management systems.
- To work with other authorities and key partners of the Council and develop strong partnership to maximise benefits and achieve efficiency of delivery
- To act as lead officer for the liaison with all interested internal and external parties, ensuring that the Council's statutory obligations are met and that orders are prepared in accordance with the relevant Acts of Parliament, other Legislation and the councils policy and procedures as appropriate.
- To act as lead officer for advising other team members for the procurement of external consultants for order making and to design specifications for such work. To effectively plan, manage and coordinate both internal and external work loads to ensure that the work comply with current legislation and the accuracy of all definitions and restrictions and prohibitions in Orders, using maps and diagrams.
- To manage a team dealing with the publication of the statutory notices in the London Gazette, local press and Lambeth Intranet sites, responding to any queries arising.
- To act as lead officer for the business unit in providing expert knowledge to other team members on traffic order making and to ensure that other team members within the business unit are knowledgeable at all times through various forms of learning.
- To manage the arrangement for the advertisement on site of the various traffic schemes and ensuring that signs placed on the highways concur with orders being made and those already in force.
- To manage the maintenance of all indices, records, files etc, including financial records, updating as required in addition to amending and consolidating previous orders.
- To conform to the provisions for the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Experience of working on technical schemes within a quality assured working environment.
- Experience of working within a project team to agreed outputs to agreed deadlines using your own problem solving skills.
- Experience of managing a team and deliver efficiently.
- Experience of working in a politically sensitive environment.
- Preferably, a relevant degree or professional qualification or an equivalent combination of qualification and experience together with demonstrable skills and aptitude.
- Demonstrable understanding of the procedures necessary to deliver traffic orders in a local authority setting.
- Appropriate knowledge of current legislations with regard to traffic regulations.
- A knowledge of project management and its application.