Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||UCA Consulting||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Contract||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Senior Project Manager
This is a list of the main duties or tasks that the post holder will be expected to undertake.
- Proactively deliver all aspects of successful projects that offer best value for money and achieve commercial targets.
- To act as the expert within the identified field of the job description e.g. bridges etc. or effectively liaise with those experts.
- Lead, coach, support, motivate and monitor employees in order to develop and improve their performance, to ensure customer needs are met and sound technical and project management techniques and disciplines are embedded within the team.
- To manage delivery of multiple schemes and projects.
- Forecast and manage the budget for own area of responsibility to ensure budgets are achieved whilst maintaining the balance between the delivery time and outcome/objectives.
- Maintaining excellent, effective working relationships with stakeholders, key strategic partners, senior council directors, politicians and operational teams. Build, promote and maintain effective communication with all relevant stakeholders (Members, Parish Councils, The Public, District Councils and various supply chain partners) to ensure the sharing of consistent, accurate and pertinent information.
- Take personal responsibility of own workload and the resources required to ensure successful service delivery.
- Promote a strong customer service focus within the Service and where possible take account of customer requirements, including responding to customers in ways that are clear and jargon free
- Provide necessary information for performance management measures. Lead the preparation and coordination of reports, documents and information, undertaking quality control to enable effective governance of decision making.
- Remain contemporary with legislation and best practice and ensure that relevant initiatives are adopted to develop the effectiveness of the service.
- To work in accordance with the Corporate values and competency framework.
- Maintain a current driving licence with access to a vehicle for business use and/or a willingness to use Council vehicles. Or the ability to demonstrate an effective alternate means of frequent travel to all areas of the county.
- Must have 10 years + in senior project management roles managing multi projects
- Must have delivered projects through optioneering, design and construction phases within the highways and/or infrastructure sectors
- Background in Highways, local authorities and infrastructure delivery
- Excellent communication and stakeholders management skills
- Able to administrate and manage NEC 3 contracts
- The professional lead for project, programme and budget management. Commissioning the management of design consultants, design approvals, procurement, stakeholder communication and following corporate governance to release funding.
- Supporting the Programme Lead and overseeing the delivery of major infrastructure projects through design and construction, ensuring successful delivery that offers value for money and achieves targets set.
- Significant experience at a senior level of developing and implementing high profile Transport and Highway infrastructure related Projects and Programmes.
- Qualified to chartered or equivalent level as required of the role and member of an appropriate professional body. For example Chartered Engineer or Project Management Professional. With evidence of a proactive approach to continuous professional development.
- Management qualification and/or experience of managing at the required level (eg multi-disciplinary project teams) in a similar discipline/organisation. With the ability to lead and develop staff
- A Professional qualification Level 6 (e.g. Degree) or similar qualification in the relevant discipline (eg Engineering or Project Mgt) OR substantial relevant experience.
- A sound knowledge of the latest legislative requirements as they relate to the identified specialist field.
- Significant experience of working and consulting with stakeholders such as senior councillors, the public and managers.
- Strong partnership work ethic with a proven track record of embracing and maintaining successful partnerships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly resilient with the ability to manage own emotions in the face of pressure, set-backs or when dealing with challenging situations.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively plan own workload with limited supervision and a proven ability to effectively manage competing demands and priorities.
- Very competent IT user including the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype for Business, Visio, Teams). Confident with data analysis, using it to inform strategy and monitor performance.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of budget management whilst maintaining the required outputs and outcomes. Includes experience of cost management in a project setting.
- A current driving licence with access to a vehicle for business use and/or a willingness to use Council vehicles. Or the ability to demonstrate an effective alternate means of frequent travel to all areas of the county.
- Previous experience of working at a similar level in a Local Government environment.