Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Helical Levity||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Helical Levity|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Senior PHP Developer
We're on a mission to build the worlds most immersive cyber security education platform for young adults and we're looking for a passionate Senior PHP Developer to be a pivotal part of our product rebuild and future development of our world class product.
As an experienced (3+ years) Symfony engineer, you'll be used to working in a fast-paced creative environment, you'll naturally take ownership of projects, have deep understanding and experience working with multiple technology stacks. We want someone who can contribute big ideas and deliver solutions to take a successful proven business and helping us to scale it. The winning candidate will also not only be an experienced practitioner and have good rounded knowledge of development techniques and technologies, but they will also be able to quickly contribute code with a high velocity and quality output.
Our ideal candidate
- Will, in the last 5 years, have worked for 3 or more years with Symfony.
- Fully understands and has contributed towards TDD processes and techniques
- Fully understands and is experienced with BDD including the use of Behat
- Our full tech stack is listed below, understanding and experience of each of them is a a benefit!
- Be a confident and regular contributor to our code reviews and design discussions.
Our tech stack
- PHP 7
- JS ES6
- Symfony 5
- Hexagonal architecture
- PHP Unit
- Github actions
- Python 3+
- L ambda
- Cloud programming
- Design patterns
Our team combines a team of passionate and talented designers, developers and security researchers. Together we design and build the industry leading cyber security education product, CyberStart, used by over 200k students across the UK and US. The product, built mainly for young adults, is an engaging cyber security game where students take on the role of an agent in the cyber protection agency and get to hack, forensicate and code break their way through levels filled with a rich narrative, immersive design and realistic security labs. You can have a go here:
Most of the team work remotely, but we do have an amazing office in Ascott- under-Wychwood for when the world gets back to working in person again, so either are an option long term.
Level and salary
- For this role, we're looking for an experienced senior developer.
- Salary is negotiable dependant on experience, paying between ss50,000 to ss70,000 per year.
- Private healthcare and free eye tests.
- Flexible remote working with some core hours. 28 day holiday plus bank holidays per year. High spec hardware.
- Regular team 'get togethers' (when restrictions allow) which have previously seen us escape from zombies, swing through trees and even construct our our gingerbread empires!
- An amazing office in the Cotswolds, surrounded by countryside walks (and a sheep or two), with a fully stocked drinks fridge and onsite gym!