Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Michael Page||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Ben Hilton|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Senior Front End Developer (Angular/React)
A national service provider headquartered in the Midlands are looking for a senior level front end developer to lead the UI of their main website, manage business critical projects and code in collaboration with back end developers in line with agreed sprint cycles for deployment and digital releases.
- Established over a century ago, this organisation has over 8 million customers with a presence in the UK and Europe.
- You will be part of an organisation that embraces digital enhancement and transformation with customer experience as the core focus.
- Within a wider team of 23, you will be working alongside 5 other front end developers.
Your key responsibilities as a senior front end developer will include:
- Supporting a newly formed front end team with business critical projects, supporting your colleagues and ensuring a smooth collaboration
- Leading by example - Ensuring your work is to the highest quality to sprint deadlines
- Identifying areas of improvement that will put the customer experience first
- Identifying risks, documenting code and content to help the wider team share knowledge efficiently
- Creating clean and scalable code
- Continuously enhacing and leading the user interface of the website
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Have experience of a leadership role within a commercial development role
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in front end web development
- Be able to develop in HTML5, CSS3, JS, Angular (5+ ideally) OR React
- Have prior experience of building large scale sites, modifying and refactoring legacy code
- Have experience unit testing across code
- Have a strong and clear understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Have good communication and team work skills
- (Ideally) be educated to degree level or hold relevant work experience in this field
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Health insurance
- Health cash plan