Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||JK Technosoft||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Akanksha Singh Tyagi|
|Employment Type:||Contract||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Senior Engineer with design expertise
Position: We have a requirement to place a Senior Engineer with design expertise for Core network but also with Cyber Security understanding in the Cyber team at their Customer.
In this role you will carry out the Secure by Design assessments and provide guidance to projects and BAU activities across the following UK business functions:
Enterprise/Consumer: Your focus will be to ensure we deliver secure products and services to our customers across Enterprise/Consumer markets, as defined by Customer UK's Enterprise/Consumer business functions.
Internal: Your focus will be to ensure we deliver secure solutions to support Customer UK's internal business functions. These internal business functions include Technology, Finance, HR, Corporate & External Affairs and Business Intelligence.
You will work with project teams to produce solutions that comply with internal security policies, standards and the security architecture. The role requires a recent hands-on background with a wide range of security, network and/or IT technologies. You will also provide technical advice and guidance to Technology Security Specialists.
The projects and business as usual changes you will be working on will encompass the full range of Network and IT technologies encompassing:
- Fibre and SDH transport networks; IP and MPLS networks; Broadband delivery;
- Converged Business services (eg VoIP services and Virtual Contact Centres);
- Mobile Access and Core networks; Voice Over Wi-Fi/VoLTE;
- Business Support Systems and Mobile Applications;
- Network Management and other OSS Systems;
- Corporate Network technologies; End user computing/BYOD.
Key functions of this role are to:
- provide Cyber Security guidance, design input and design review/Assessment;
- review and approve end to end connectivity across Customer networks;
- specify security testing, and ensure that identified vulnerabilities are remediated;
- Identify Cyber Security risks and ensure that these are managed effectively.
Enhanced vetting may be carried out for this role
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Apply subject matter expertise to secure our IT, networks, products and services
- Ensure project designs comply with Baseline Security Requirements and security policy
- Ensure that projects integrate with security baseline controls such as IPS/IDS, WAF, Firewall Change Management, Identity & Access Management, SIEM and Vulnerability Management
- Ensure internal customers, external suppliers and delivery partners are aware of security standards and future strategy to influence development roadmaps
- Identify security risks, manage them with key stakeholders, and provide recommendations for risk mitigation
- Build relationships with your stakeholder community across the Customer business
- Escalate deviations from baseline security requirements and security architecture
- Provide advice and guidance to Security Specialists..
- Approves designs that comply with policies and standards and are within parameters set by the Secure By Design Managers
- Escalates designs which deviate from policies, standards and parameters set by the Secure by Design Managers
- Raises risks and exceptions as appropriate to track deviation from policy
- Proposes solutions to correct security defects and deviation from policy
- Identifies opportunities to improve process efficiency
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Competent in understanding IT and network designs and equipment configurations used to deliver a wide range of IT and telecommunications solutions
- Competent in applying security policies and principles defined in security architecture to real world scenarios
- Understands and applies risk management principles
- Effective communication skills to influence stakeholders and explain complex security requirements in simple terms
- Stakeholder Management - established as the go-to person for any project issues impacting on Corporate & External Affairs teams
- Establishing and maintaining single point of contact relationship with key project manager(s)