Summary Sheet: Science & Technology
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Melbury Search||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||Science & Technology||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Senior Ecologist
We are looking for an experienced Senior Ecologist with particular interest and experience in Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA). The post is required to support a growing ecological consultancy practice, with projects throughout the UK and occasionally beyond, and has scope to develop a wide range of future opportunities.
This role will suit a self-starter, who enjoys a fast-paced and challenging environment, and is looking for a career opportunity to make their mark. You will work in a small, very busy, team supported by the wider business and knowledgeable leadership. You should enjoy a mix of team working and autonomy, bring a naturally strong communication style, sound understanding of ecological impact assessment, and a close attention to detail. Whilst fieldwork skills are needed for this role, there will be a large component of office-based coordination, data analysis, client contact and report writing.
The role will involve:
- Project management and implementation of ecological assessments, plus the coordination of associated surveys, consultation, mitigation in support of clients' proposals and operations;
- The production of high quality reports, including EcIAs, HRAs, Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Species Reports and ecological input to Environmental Statements;
- Apply for and oversee protected species licences for your areas of expertise;
- Liaise with clients and prepare fee proposals;
- Managing the technical work of more junior staff and sub-consultants and (depending on experience) may involve project management or direction.
Your experience must include:
- A first degree in a relevant subject, such as ecology or other biological sciences, and ideally a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Full membership of CIEEM.
- Relevant experience in EcIA, preferably in support of EIA.
- Relevant experience of HRA
- Experience of planning and conducting ecological surveys, including Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species surveys and providing mitigation recommendations.
- At least one protected species survey licence.
- Experience of applying for and holding licenses for protected species mitigation/conservation would be an advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills, including survey reports and Environmental Statement chapters
- A good understanding of wildlife legislation, the planning process, EIA and Habitats Regulations Assessment.
- A track-record of successful project management.
- Experience in the preparation of ecology proposals and tenders.
- Experience of ecological assessment for the water sector would be an advantage.
- Eligibility to work in UK.
A full UK driver's license would also be an advantage.