Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Request Technology - Anthony Honquest||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Anthony Honquest|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Senior Data Protection Security Engineer
Senior Data Protection Security Engineer
The Information Security Operations team supports several enterprise tools and systems that are the backbone for many of the critical applications and business processes. The Information Security Operations team ensures and enhances the availability, reliability and accessibility of Information systems and tools through a cost effective standardized support model. We demonstrate the Information Technology (OT) department's vision and alignment to the business objectives and strategy, present IT's identity within the business model, and carry IT's vision of technology roadmap and partners in strategic direction for vendor management and product roadmaps.
- Support and provide tool administration support Data Protection tools such as Informatica DDM, Vormetric, DB Protect etc.
- Ensure that Data Protection tools infrastructure is up and running in stable state and perform hot fixes/enhancements
- Co-ordinate with external and internal teams during testing and deployment masking polices
- Work with application teams, developers and other SMEs to ensure Data Protection services are installed, configured in a standard manner, and compliant
- Work hand-in-hand with other teams during on-boarding of applications requiring data protection.
- Troubleshoot masking in co-ordination with other support teams in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works to ensure successful upgrades of infrastructure components
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provide Level 3/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Follow release management processes and ensure that all artifacts are created and provided for each deployment.
- Coordinate with other support teams to ensure issues impacting tools and systems are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Augment production support team to ensure 24/7 coverage and operations.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends with little advanced notice.
- 5-7 years of professional IT experience with at least 3 years of Information Security experience
- 1+ years of hands on experience with implementation and administration of Vormetric Encryption and/or Informatica DDM
- Bachelors Degree with a technical major such as Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Good understanding of database technologies such as Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL etc.
- Understanding of data masking, server/file encryption technologies, encryption key management and information security policy
- Exposure to UNIX Scripting or any other Scripting technologies.
- Ability to prioritize work without management direction, and provide clear and documented status updates to the management and the team.
- Must have the ability to learn and adapt to new capabilities based on the needs.
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to work effectively under aggressive timelines.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with both Business/Management and Technical/Engineering resources.
- Experience in supporting Encryption and/or Security Appliance Devices
- CISSP or Security+ certification will be a plus