Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Request Technology - Anthony Honquest||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Anthony Honquest|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Python Software Engineer
Python Software Engineer
We are seeking a world class, self-directed Software Engineer to build software solutions from the ground up to support the development, manufacturing, and testing of cutting edge high-speed electrical interconnects. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including scientific programming, information databases, test and verification, machine learning, and User Interface (UI) design. As a software engineer you will employ Python and innovative development techniques, working collaboratively with other team members, various design groups, and our global manufacturing centers to build software solutions to solve challenges in any area of the business. To succeed in this role a candidate must utilize entrepreneurial thinking and a strong passion for software engineering.
- Utilize software expertise and entrepreneurial thinking to address challenges in any area of the business including design, manufacture, test, verification, and more.
- Work closely with electrical, mechanical, and signal integrity (SI) engineers to design and build software solutions to test and verify high-speed, functional, and low-speed electrical performance of 56Gbps InterconnecT solutions.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Integration Engineers (MIEs) to identify opportunities and create software to streamline, optimize, and add capabilities to our global manufacturing centers. Collaborate with our global manufacturing centers to ensure released software is well supported and issues are addressed quickly.
- Collaborate with the various engineering teams to identify and build software to improve the engineering design process through enhanced design tools, data analysis tools, and various engineering efficiency tools. Evaluate new opportunities for software solutions to solve existing problems by actively engaging with teams throughout Company including marketing, design, manufacturing, and quality teams.
- Evaluate and improve software reliability and performance using code reviews, design reviews, and unit testing. Analyze test results, prepare reports, and make required software modifications. Write API and usage documentation and publish it internally for use by other engineers.
- Mentor team members and others on software architecture and design best practices, data processing, basic Python Scripting, etc.
- B.S. Degree in Systems, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 3+ years' software engineering experience using Python or C# and VB.NET.
- M.S. Degree in Systems/Computer Engineering/Computer Science
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven work experience as a software engineer designing interactive applications.
- Experience building desktop applications on Windows (Qt or wx preferred)
- A strong understanding of software architecture and design
- Extensive experience with source control tools such as Git or SVN
- Ability to apply computer programming concepts to solve complex problems in a variety of programming environments.
- High proficiency using analytical tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and others as required.
- Experience with scientific Python libraries and tools like NumPy, Pandas, and Anaconda, preferred.
- Statistical data processing experience, data visualization experience, familiarity with SQL databases, preferred.
- Experience developing software libraries and APIs for use by other engineers, preferred.