Summary Sheet: Construction
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||TheLasiterGroup||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Country:||United States||Location:||United States|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Project Manager
Description: Job Summary
Our client is a well-established construction consulting firm who is looking for a Project Manager to join their project team in Los Angeles. If you've got a talent for keeping your team members organized and on task, we may have the right opportunity for you as a project manager. They are looking for someone who can keep their most important projects running efficiently. You will do this by analyzing the budget, overseeing various steps of the project and working together with the company leaders. You will work closely with many different departments in the organization to ensure that the project runs on schedule. Your job begins with the project plan and continues through the various stages of its completion. Once the project has been completed, you will see the exciting impact that your contribution has on the organization.
If you currently do not reside in that area, you must be willing to relocate.
- Design a project blueprint for maximum efficiency by evaluating current capabilities with technology, finances, supplies and talent.
- Create clear outcomes for each individual project with management in order to have a strong focus on company profitability and client satisfaction.
- Oversee each step of the project timeline for best results, giving special attention to individual team member's talents and capabilities.
- Analyze the financial and tangible resources for the project scope, maintaining enough flexibility to revise approaches if resources are low or spread thin.
- Schedule monthly, weekly or daily meetings with project team to monitor progress by checking off on each individual task and due date.
- Deliver a completed product to the client on time and within the budget.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short-and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Dynamically make decisions to include consideration of all aspects of the scope of project
- Identify and verify substrate material and construction
- Coordinate and interact with customers, installers, associates and principals in a professional manner
- Proactively manage tasks across multiple projects
- Schedule and manage site reviews, field measure trips, installation reviews and installation / material inspections on a consistent basis
- Determine, verify, and record needed dimensions to fabricate the appropriate scope of work
- Develop and maintain thorough product specific knowledge as well as general specification knowledge
- Document and report project progress efficiently and consistently
- Writing and executing purchase orders and subcontracts
- Using and understanding of online plan rooms and downloading prints / specs
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Top skills in written and verbal communication
- Excellent ability to multi-task and delegate responsibility
- Must be proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (architectural, structural, mechanical, specifications, etc)
- Must be knowledgeable and experience in change order processing and close-out documentation
Must have mid to large project experience
Must have practical change order processing experience
Must have practical closeout documentation experience
- Must understand procurement process and be able to compose documents needed for procurement
- Must work well with design plans, reports, and deadlines
- Must be able to plan and coordinate the different phases of construction
- Must understand the scheduling process and be able to update statuses weekly
- Must have outstanding communication skills from the sub-contractors to the client
- Must work well with a range of staff, solve problems as needed, and improve any methods necessary
- Must be able to direct staff when needed to prevent delays in the schedule
- Must follow federal, state, and local regulations
- Must be willing to relocate to southern California if not currently living there
- Must be able to work in the United States
- Airport experience is a plus, but not required
- ProCore software experience is a plus, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
About the Company
We are a service provider seeking to provide answers to questions being asked by today's businesses.
We provide analysis and recommendations.
When we can't provide the experience, we assist them in locating the appropriate resources and personnel.