|Only 3 days left! Apply now in only 2 Minutes for FREE.|
Description: Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Glasgow/Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit Product Owner for an initial 6 month contract on a rate of ss500-ss555/day (inside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will be remote based for the foreseeable future.
- Working with a Service Manager, Product Owners will be responsible for bringing together and managing a multi-disciplinary team, which includes specialist resources from policy development, analysts, user research and service design, technical staff, specialist advisors and others; managing their work within an agile project delivery framework.
- You will be responsible for the initial discovery, design, development and delivery of a particular product including, directing necessary user research and service design, in advance of delivering the required supporting technologies and processes to launch the service.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to design, develop and deliver a specific product from initial inception through to integration of the new service within the existing programme infrastructure eg social security benefit or service function to meet the needs of users. These users will include applicants and recipients of advice and financial support; partner organisations, and administrative staff.
- Write options appraisals, business cases and provide information that enable the programme to choose appropriate delivery options and/or procure technology and services.
- Interpret user research in order to make the correct product decisions ensuring they reflect user needs Understand the relationship between your specific products and the overall delivery of the new social security agency, and its wider systems and processes, reflecting this within your area.
- Manage the operational process of designing and running a product/service through its entire life cycle and knows how to plan and operationalise the stage of new product/service development and works closely with operational teams.
- Use a range of product management principles and approaches and is able to coach others, understand what is most important and applicable and is able to work with a wide range of specialists in multidisciplinary teams.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of stakeholders, within the organisation and Partner organisations
- Define and obtain stakeholder buy-in for your product and the approach to delivery, including external stakeholder groups and operational staff within the organisation.
- Create effective, prioritised product descriptions and delivery plans to meet user needs in a cost effective way
- Represent the needs of the organisation while working in conjunction with internal suppliers and other government departments within Scotland and the rest of the UK.
- Must have strong agile and senior/lead product manager experience
- Must have strong leadership skills and abilities leading diverse teams
- Must have experience leading discoveries
- Must have experience developing service/product strategy
- Must have experience working with service design and user research
- Ideally has full product life cycle experience and end-to-end service design
- Ideally has experience of risk, controls, audit, fraud and debt
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and teams in the organisation, IT providers and partner organisations, other government departments and IT providers to deliver services and systems, with the aim of providing better results for citizens.
- Ability to bring together views and perspectives of a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including commercial and procurement specialists to provide a strong evidence base and documentation for decisions.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team and set priorities for yourself and others in a project and/or programme, using established, recognised best practice project methodologies and using agile development methods.
- Ability to enable decision-making at the right level within your teams, removing unnecessary bureaucracy and facilitating delivery.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch.
Other job opportunities