|Only 3 days left! Apply now in only 2 Minutes for FREE.|
Principal EIA Consultant
Principal EIA Consultant
Starting Salary ss40k -ss50k, aligned to experience with potential for progression
Affric Ltd is a busy consultancy based near Inverness in Scotland, providing professional environmental consultancy services, from feasibility to decommissioning. We support a range of sectors including: the energy industry, nuclear and grid projects; ports and harbours; roads and quarries.
Affric has a small, focused team which provides a friendly supportive working environment, from a beautiful rural highland setting. Our reputation for doing the job well and gaining consents, gains us the opportunity to get involved in interesting projects. A position is now available at a principal level in the Affric team, to allow the company to take on additional projects, whilst maintaining a high-quality service to all clients.
This unique role will provide extensive and varied professional development opportunities for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will be willing to get involved at all levels of operations and take responsibility of delivering projects to the required standard and deadlines. Given the dynamic nature of our client's operations, flexible working will be necessary, but this can be arranged to the benefit of the candidate, client, and business alike. The role is perfect for an experienced Senior Consultant looking for progression, or an experienced Principal Consultant looking for a new challenge to grow their knowledge and skills into new sectors and wider project delivery.
The role will be based primarily in the Marine and Infrastructure sectors providing support to deliver projects from initial feasibility through planning, construction, operation and in some instances, to decommissioning, with a focus on consenting and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). All candidates should be able to demonstrate an appropriate specialisation through their project portfolio.
The starting salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's previous experience. Future progression is not limited and will be determined by performance. Relevant training opportunities to provide personal and professional development are available, with ongoing mentoring provided by our Managing Director.
The role will be client facing and include:
- Coordinating and completing planning and marine licence applications.
- Coordinating the production of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports;
- Authoring: reports, screening reports, scoping reports, and EIA Chapters;
- Managing sub-contractors' input;
- Stakeholder management including Pre-Application Consultation;
- Construction environmental management planning; and
- Conducting research and site surveys / assessments in line with qualifications.
The successful candidate will be based in the Affric Office near Inverness but flexible working is also available.
Qualifications / Experience
The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, fit in with the team and be able to work on their own initiative. In addition, they will have:
- A degree (equivalent) or higher in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline.
- Chartered Environmentalist status (or be working towards it).
- Experience of EIA chapter authoring.
- EIA coordination experience.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Scottish and English Environmental Legislation, Policy and Guidance, including planning and marine licensing processes.
- Sound understanding of environmental mitigation and pollution prevention techniques.
- Strong report writing, presentation and communication skills (essential).
- Stakeholder Management Experience.
- Understanding of procurement processes (preferred).
- Business development and tender writing experience (preferred).
- Full, clean UK manual driving license (preferred).
How to Apply
Please provide Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing your key skills, aspirations, and salary expectations to .
The selection process will take account of relevant COVID-19 restrictions and guidance, hence details of current location and access to MS Teams or Zoom should be highlighted in your cover letter, to allow appropriate arrangements to be made.
Other job opportunities