Summary Sheet: Accounting
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Core-Asset Consulting||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Mike Stirton|
|Employment Type:||Contract||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: OPERATIONAL RISK OVERSIGHT LEAD
Are you able to identify, assess and manage programme risk with ease? If so our client, a global asset management firm is looking for a Risk Oversight Lead to support the implementation of effective risk management practices and drive consistency in risk assessment, escalation and reporting.
This is initially a 12-month contract and is based in Edinburgh.
- Sound knowledge of Asset Management
- Excellent practical understanding and experience of risk management frameworks and with strong commercial awareness
- Recognised for driving effective management action to risk issues either from a first line or second line perspective
- Communication experience with a range of stakeholders and strong stakeholder management skills
- Develop, implement and enforce an effective risk management framework and continuously support the framework for managing risks across the programme
- Alignment to one or more work streams within the overall programme to provide support and challenge on risks and risk management activities
- Develop processes and controls in conjunction with work stream managers to identify and manage risks and implementing a suitable risk response
- Monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of interim and end state controls, identifying points of failure, followed by pragmatic advice and rigorous follow through to ensure timely remediation of deficiencies
- Providing credible challenge to the Program, Work Stream and Business Managers to make risk informed business and strategy decisions and embed a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking
- Intervene directly in transforming and developing the risk management responses processes and controls, and to be proactive in promoting possible solutions to manage any residual risks
- Providing insightful analysis and interpretation of risks and challenging the Programs/Work streams/Business Units with the identification and management of risks and reporting issues and actions, as appropriate
- Work with programmes to develop Key Risk Indicators which can be reviewed for coverage and effectiveness, identifying, red and/or amber conditions and 'path to green' actions
Our client values diversity, and we welcome enquiries from everyone
Job reference: 12309
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.