|Only 3 days left! Apply now in only 2 Minutes for FREE.|
New Business Developer
Description: New Business Developer
Are you up for the challenge of hunting out new business leads? Have you the charm, the analytical skills and the technical nous to enjoy understanding and promoting our LED lighting?
At Forge, were really good at designing and manufacturing cutting edge LED solutions. That's why were a market leader in custom LED lighting. We need a bright, engaging New Business Developer to find potential new customers and products. We'll give you plenty of variety, interesting challenges and the opportunity to see your ideas become manufactured products. If you think you've got the skills to make a positive difference, wed love to hear from you.
You'll be responsible for;
- Researching potential new customers and analysing the opportunities with them for new and existing products
- Analysing existing customers to identify new commercial opportunities
- Owning and developing the potential new customer target list
- Providing the fully prioritised call programme for the commercial team
- Communicating confidently via telephone and email with potential customers
- Following up on all positive leads directly with the customer
- Working with our technical team to explore opportunities for new product development
- Briefing our external sales team with sales opportunities
- Co-developing internal marketing strategy with the marketing team
Whatever your technical and commercial background, we want someone who is;
- A graduate with good degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Manufacturing discipline (or if not, has a really good reason why not?)
- Intelligent, curious and analytical a commercial thinker, driven by results
- Confident, with self-belief and ambition to interest others in our products
- An excellent communicator someone who will enjoy chatting with and listening to potential customers to interpret their requirements and develop new leads
- Able to develop a strong understanding of our technical products
- Structured, self-motivated and a tenacious thinker with a good eye for detail
- Actively engaged in tasks, questioning, researching, recording and distilling key information
- Enthusiastic with good people and teamwork skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Competent in IT skills especially in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Good at presenting to colleagues and customers alike
- With two years or more commercial experience (preferred but not essential)
Why Work For Us?
Based in Ulverston in the South Lakes, you'll be a key part of our commercial team, reporting directly to the Commercial Director. At times, there will be opportunities to travel to visit industry trade fairs and potential customers. This is a full time permanent role (37 hours, Mon-Fri).
As part of our commercial team you can create opportunities, influence business and see your work come to fruition from concept right through to customer delivery. We offer on-the-job experience and training. In addition to a rewarding career with a highly respected and long established company there is the great working atmosphere, generous salary, excellent transport links and flexible working hours. What's more, our location offers the best of life/work balance as you can walk straight out of work and into the Lake District. With its open spaces, bustling towns, many festivals and huge number of pubs, restaurants and clubs the opportunities for both adventure and leisure are immense.
For further information and to apply, please click the application button below.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining your current salary (if applicable) and explaining why you think this is just the job for you.
Closing date for applications is Monday 4th June 2018
Other job opportunities