Summary Sheet: Transport & Logistics
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Experis IT||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||Transport & Logistics||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Andy Nugent|
|Employment Type:||Contract||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Logistics Specialist
Logistics Specialist x 2 - Cheltenham - 6 months
My client is looking for two Logistics Specialists for a team based in Cheltenham. The role will be full time on site and the client can offer a competitive daily rate.
- The Import/Export Specialist is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Responsible for the import/export country compliance processes
- Work closely with finance and operations teams to develop processes to assure compliance with all country requirements
- Responsible for implementing processes consistent with local regulations, and will be responsible, operationally, for driving adherence to each process
- Raise Monthly Intrastat Reports for HMRC.
- Responsible for integrating the compliance processes into the process, working closely with portfolio specialists to operationally compliance
- Develop and own operational metrics to assure compliance to all import/export country compliance processes Initiate and follow up on all international purchases/sales
- Prepare/maintain reporting of current status and progress of all import/export activity to operational and finance teams.
- Provide guidance and support in the selection of vendors related to imports/exports such as transportation, insurance, storage, customs agents, etc and follow up and control of all activities with those parties
- Handle all traffic and export tasks, including inquiries, quotations, and purchase orders
- Prepare and verify shipping documentation and arrange and monitor transportation
- Responsible for any other administrative duties and customer service as needed
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent other qualification or demonstrable experience in an import/export or logistics role)
- Additional experience in import/exports and logistics is preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong project management skills. Six Sigma training is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills