Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||SAM Learning||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>sam learning|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Lead Software Developer
SAM Learning is a leading EdTech (online learning) package, mainly for English Secondary Schools.
You will lead a small development team and help the business to maintain the existing solutions as well as specify, develop and roll out new features and software components. Reporting to Product / General Manager.
100% Remote - Working from home - with periodic team meetings.
40 Hours per week - 8 am to 5 pm plus on call for urgent fixes. (Annual leave as per handbook). Your responsibilities and tasks
Current Technical Stack
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage project priorities and timelines.
- Coordinate the testing and release cycle
- Oversee server maintenance and monitoring
- Control the architecture during the extension of the existing and creation of the new software components
- Activity oversight and support towards other developers in the team
- Code reviews and enforcement of the code style and code quality
- Hands-on development of the critical software components (backend/frontend)
- Take care of the system security, performance and uptime
- Assist in case of an emergency and system failures
- Set up and administer the internal development tools: VCS, Continuous Integration, Issue Tracking
Your Desired Qualities
- CentOS, docker
- Backend: PHP 7, Zend Framework 1, Slim Framework
- Frontend: jQuery, React
- MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Sphinx
- AWS EC2, RDS
- Experience with Unix/Linux server administration, good console shell skills
- Good knowledge of RDBMS and MySQL in particular, experience with query optimization and dealing with big data amounts
- Experience with technologies listed in the Technical Stack is a plus in particular: React, Sphinx, Memcached and Redis
- Very good spoken and written English