Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||techfolk||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>techfolk|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Cloud8 - the fintech SaaS provider - is hiring a hands-on Lead PHP Engineer to guide our engineering as we scale up our digital employee benefits platform.
We've moved our SOA-based application to the cloud and our rapidly-expanding customer base is keeping us busy. This is an opportunity to grow with us as we mature, adapting our approach as we scale up.
We're open to this being your first lead role, awarding projects that build upon your strengths while you grow into things in a structured way. We can equally consider your experiences of leading on maturing a start-up's code base, or improving a larger code base, now exploring a broader remit with new responsibilities.
You'll work collaboratively with our CTO and multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver great software to our users. You'll be exposed to customers and involved at every stage, from planning to delivery. You can positively influence the decisions we make about technology choice, architecture, methodology, our engineering culture, and more.
Let us know where you want to take your skills. At Cloud8 you'll always have a seat at the table and your opinions will be valued.
You'll work hard but get a lot of satisfaction and have a great time with a great team.
- Building out our new Laravel API layer to deprecate our legacy code
- Introducing new and better automated testing and static analysis tools
- New UI for administrators and employers, enabling easy and efficient self-service
- Third-party API integrations with HR, payroll and benefit provider systems
- New CMS integration
- New email solution
- Building solid, robust and future-proof solutions, while clearing down on technical debt
- Supporting dialogue with partners, customers and prospects
- Helping establish our development culture, methods and tooling
- Upholding ISO27001, supporting external penetration testing
We're looking for
- Someone to be - or grow into becoming - our lead on web applications development
- A shared belief in providing a supportive, safe and happy work environment
- A collaborative, pragmatic, user-centered approach
- An ability to guide on architecture, design, security, data management and engineering best practices
- Strong technical skills including React, PHP, and Laravel - or similar - accrued in a modern full-stack or back-end context
- An affinity for mentoring, encouraging and supporting people to achieve their best
- A belief in the Agile continual improvement approach
- A good technical understanding of SOA, and Agile development methods
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
PHP8 | Laravel | PHPUnit | REST | Docker | MySQL | Aurora | AWS | CloudFormation | CI/CD | automated testing
Salary and benefits
- ss60,000 - ss75,000+ we're keeping an open mind
- Flexible working, tell us what you need
- 27 days' annual leave, plus your birthday off
- Encouraged to attend relevant conferences, meetups and industry events
- On joining: three x life assurance| free parking (site selected) | unique employee-only deals from 5,700 retailers, including shopping discounts and reduced cinema tickets | free fruit, tea and coffee | free on-site gym
- After probation: a benefits fund to spend on benefits of your choice | Group Income Protection | employee assistance programme | pension scheme with a 3% employer match | voluntary benefits, including a cycle to work scheme and give as you earn
Cloud8's mission is to give access to digital benefits for a million people within three years, building upon our growth. Our technical team has an engineering culture. More broadly, we take a user-centered view, building a product that is a pleasure to use and makes people's lives easier and better. Joining as our lead engineer, we have many milestones coming up as we grow and mature, which will benefit your personal development as we scale up and mature our approaches. We look forward to exploring how we may shape a role to build upon your strengths and interests.
Location: North Bristol (BS35), at the office two days a week, or more, plus remote working
Timing: joining immediately, or any time before July
Even if your CV isn't ready, please get in touch to speak with Andrew at techfolk to find out mor.
RECRUITERS: Cloud8 has selected techfolk as our exclusive recruitment partner for this position and cold calling and speculative approaches are not welcomed.