Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Gilmond||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Gilmond|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: IT Systems Administrator
IT Systems Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator within the team should aim to provide highly skilled technical support across our core systems to ensure business impacting issues are kept to a minimum whilst delivering an excellent client and customer experience.
Help build trust and confidence to change client perception and be perceived as a leading SaaS provider
- Manage proactive health checks of systems
- Manage the priority and delivery of active client work daily using the ITSM/CMDB platform
- Identify and diagnose issues quickly to apply fixes or workarounds, minimising business impact
- Manage installation, configuration and updates of hardware, software, firmware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage and applications
- Install, configure and administer Windows and Linus systems
- Recover from and repair failures due to hardware malfunctions or software crashes
- Assist in renewing licences for software and hardware
- Ensure that all the systems and databases are backed up as requested
- Obtain quotes and purchase computers, servers, network, peripheral equipment and other software
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Provide printer management support
- Assist with New Starter and Leaver process
- Interface and feedback to client stakeholders regarding active work where needed
- Work with the Team Lead and wider team on service improvements and new capabilities
- Proactively contribute knowledge and expertise to Gilmond support teams to enhance the client and customer experience
The individual should have a passion to deliver and maintain excellence in customer service with good mentoring and training skills and in turn be a confident and effective communicator with the capability of bridging the gap between technology and non-IT literate individuals.
As well as the above, the individual should demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and have a great attention to detail with a positive and flexible 'can-do' attitude and a wiliness to go above and beyond for both the team, our clients and the wider business.
The IT Systems Administrator should also be a quick learner with a passion and active interest in technology inside and outside of work.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
- Good knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Experience with network administration (specifications, installation, configuration, testing of equipment, components, ability to monitor and enhance the network performance (availability, utilisation).
- Experience of supporting Windows Operating Systems and setting up desktops.
- Experience of supporting Windows Servers, Active Directory and Exchange Server.
- Experience of utilising a ticket system to track projects and BAU tasks.
- Experience of one or more of the following is highly desirable:
- Knowledge of scripting languages, primarily PowerShell.
- Installation and configuration of Cisco routers & switches.
- Virtualisation environments (VMWare and Hyper-V).
- Management of cloud services (Microsoft Azure and Office 365).
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Exceptional development opportunities
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank and public holidays
- Pension contribution plan
- Employee Assistance program
- Free hot and cold drinks
This is an outline Job Description and employees are expected to undertake other reasonable duties appropriate to the role, as directed.
All employees are expected to comply with the organisational Health & Safety Policy and to undertake their duties responsibly.
All candidates and employees must have the Right to Work in the UK as required by the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.