Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||HOME Fundraising Ltd||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United States (en-US) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Head of Information, Security and Database Development
Description: Head of Information, Security and Database Development
You will be leading a multifaceted department that provides a unique service for both internal & external customers. The department is responsible for the continual development of the bespoke database and tablet systems, data processing, information security, as well as providing information and insight for the entire business.
Operational - General
- To communicate and provide recommendations to the Director of Information in areas of Data and Reporting/Analysis expertise.
- Lead the team and ensure that they are aligned with company vision, mission, values and strategic priorities.
Operational - Information Systems
- Deliver a high quality service for all clients (both internal and external)by understanding requirements, managing expectations, gathering and acting on feedback and communicating and negotiating effectively - based on the highest standards possible.
- Ensure systems are compliant with all relevant regulation, including Data Protection.
Operational - Data
- Work with the Director of Information to provide the strategy and direction for the development of the information systems.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of new Data and Reporting/Analysis systems throughout the organisation in line with business needs, in conjunction with resources within our sister company in India.
- Providing Director/Senior management level insight and information.
- Line management of the Data Analysis and Reporting Manager.
Operational - Information Security
- Ensure data delivery and fulfilment happens in agreed timeframes, meeting all agreed requirements, and that any significant delays are flagged to the Director of Information.
- Alongside the Client Data Manager liaise with Clients, the Client Services Team and Client Data Team to ensure that client data issues are dealt with efficiently.
- Oversee the implementation of any Client Data tests or third party data partnerships.
- Line management of Client Data Manager.
Operational - Database Development and Maintenance
- Ensure that all Information Security responsibilities are defined and allocated.
- Ensuring Information security is addressed in project management, regardless of the type of the project.
- Ensure security of personal data throughout the Data Lifecycle and storage.
- Updating the Senior Management Team of security treats, requirements and changes.
- Oversee the implementation of any new Information Security Systems.
- Line management of the Information Security Manager.
- Work with the Director of Information to provide the strategy and direction for the development and maintenance of the database systems.
- Work with Database Development and Support department (which is part of the subsidiary company based in India) and third party tablet system provider to ensure that database systems are maintained and developed to meet the needs of the business.
- Line management of our Database Development Liaison Manager.
Outputs and Deliverables
- Act as a role model for all staff in the company.
- Provide leadership, development and motivation to the Information team.
- Positively communicate company visions, values, priorities and targets.
- Ensure that the objectives of team members are meaningful and in line with the business strategy, that are regularly reviewed and that appropriate development is implemented as appropriate.
- Give regular feedback to team, affirming and celebrating good practice and conversely addressing and managing areas of underperformance.
- Ensure that the Information team meets all export and other relevant KPIs.
Also, experience writing SQL Queries is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to manage high level third party relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent project management skills, an eye to detail and the ability to manage a range of tasks
- Extensive experience of working with Data and Information at a senior level, either within a Data environment or as part of another senior role
- Knowledge of Information Security legislation including GDPR
- Analytical skills; the ability to interpret & present results
- Computer literate across MS Office applications
- Staff management at a senior level
If you think this role is perfect for you, apply online now and attach a copy of your most up to date CV and contact details, we look forward to hearing from you!