Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Triad Resourcing||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Tommy Parker|
|Employment Type:||Contract||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Triad is recruiting a GIS Technician for our client in Somerset. The role is working on a GIS Data Capture project and would be looking to start in the New Year. The contract is for 12 months and is a great opportunity for the right person to gain some experience in a commercial map production environment.
Your standard working week will be 40 hours, but there will be a chance to work additional hours.
The role would be ideally suited to a graduate who has experience in GIS and using GIS software. You may have studied GIS, Geography, or a similar subject, which would have given you exposure to working with GIS software.
- Experience in GIS data capture for mapping projects would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of GIS systems and practical experience of their use would be an advantage, in particular ArcGIS.
- Creating and updating digital map databases using ArcGIS software and a variety of source materials, including satellite imagery and Remote Sensing data.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carrying out tasks required of the project, within the time restraints and to specification.
- GIS Digitisation using ArcGIS.
- Interpreting Satellite Imagery.
- Land use classification.
- Handling and interpreting confidential information.
- Assisting with the Quality Control of GIS data, as and when required, and feeding back findings to relevant operators.
- Identifying improvements to the process and equipment.
- General duties required of the project, including printing, copying, receipt and dispatch of materials.
- Assisting in the production of work instructions or other documentation, as required.
- Participating fully in any training offered to ensure that knowledge remains current and relevant.
- Providing information on project/task status to your line manager, and completion of timesheets/MIS software, as required.
- Ensuring that all that you work is within the Health & Safety guidelines, at all times.
If this role is of interest to you, or you would like more information, please contact Tommy Parker, or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Business for this contract position.