|Only 3 days left! Apply now in only 2 Minutes for FREE.|
European Shipping Manager
Reporting To: Group Logistics Manager
Hours: 37.5 per week (45-minute lunch)
Location: Head Office - Manchester
Term: Permanent Full Time
Brand Addition is a global leader in the creative promotional merchandise area and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world. Our reputation for creativity, service, customer satisfaction and quality is second to none and our impressive client list includes Michelin, Google, ABB, Diageo, L'Oreal, Nissan and RBS to name a few. Brand Addition employs over 370 staff in operations in Manchester, London, Germany, Ireland, USA, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
Summary of Position:
We are looking for a European Shipping Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. The role will involve managing a team of 4 Import and Export coordinators based in the UK and Germany, ensuring the smooth running of the day to day office operations.
Reporting to the Group Logistics Manager, you will be based in Manchester supporting direct reports in both the UK and Germany. You will also work closely with colleagues in London on freights rates and processes. You'll be responsible for advising the Buying and Sales teams on freight rates, market fluctuations, duty rates, quota, and export/import licence requirements. Previous experience of shipping documentation including commercial invoices, bills of lading, ATR/EUR1 and customs declarations is required.
1. Managing a team of Import and Export Coordinators both within the UK and Germany
2. Plan, manage and evaluate current logistics network liaising with logistical teams and internal stakeholders to establish and maintain optimum customer service and cost.
3. Deliver solutions to logistics issues while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary targets.
4. Monitor quality, quantity, and delivery times to agreed SLA's (Courier and Cargo)
5. Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, modes, volumes, or carriers. Report back to Group Logistics Manager and offer solutions.
6. Support in the negotiation of rates and contracts with transport and logistics providers.
7. Ensure carrier compliance with company policies and procedures for product transport or delivery.
8. Ensure compliance with import/export customs regulations.
9. Challenge the status quo to continuously improve and develop the Logistics network to support the supply chain strategy and commercial objectives, identifying inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities.
10. Interpret trends and analyse reviewing data to provide meaningful logistics outputs to internal stakeholders to support customer service and cost improvements.
11. Develop and maintain strong relationships with all transport & Logistics Providers to build a healthy but accountable working relationship.
12. Work cross functionally and ensure effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders including commercial teams, finance, manufacturing, IT, technical and compliance, procurement, and planning
As the role evolves over time, it may also be necessary to change some elements of this job specification to meet the changing needs of the business, so an individual with a flexible approach is a must.
Minimum 5 years' experience within International Logistics, ideally surrounding import / export shipping within both UK and Germany (including customs)
Ideal Candidate holding a relevant membership of CILT or similar would be preferred.
Have a superb history in team management
Proven track record of delivering successful change
Commercially and financially astute
Additional language skills, ideally German, would be desirable.
Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills.
Strong planning and organizational skills
Attention to detail
Resilient able to work in a fast-paced environment
Flexible and adaptive, embraces change
Team player, ability to work in a cross-functional team.
Problem solving skills
Solid knowledge of MS business applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
Other job opportunities