Summary Sheet: Science & Technology
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Adler & Allan||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||Science & Technology||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Environmental Monitoring Technician
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines, and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
The primary purpose of the Environmental Monitoring Technician role is to attend and investigate water pollution incidents, undertake field-based monitoring, and collect environmental samples for laboratory analysis. The role is working homebased in Devon with regular travel to local depots. Although the role is home based, applicants must live in this area, the role cannot be done remotely.
Reporting to the Environmental Monitoring Project Manager and employed on a full-time basis working five days over seven each week, with a requirement for weekend and bank holiday working. Working hours are 8am - 6pm on a flexible rota pattern.
Key tasks and accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Attending and investigating water pollution incidents throughout the Cornwall and Devon area
- Undertake field monitoring works including water quality measurements and sampling
- Undertake desk-based data entry after collecting data in the field
- Technical report writing in response to water pollution incidents, time limited in accordance with client requirements
- Undertake a planned work programme when not attending pollution incidents
- Maintaining all equipment for site and maintaining cleanliness of vehicle to a high standard and inform line manager if new equipment is needed
- Provision of accurate and timely information to line management
- The postholder will support the team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices at all levels
- Attending monthly team meetings with client and contribute where appropriate
This list is not exhaustive and the postholder will be expected to carry out any other duties they are qualified and able to.
Environmental Monitoring Technician Requirements:
- A degree in a Biological or Environmental Sciences discipline
- A strong understanding of water chemistry and the indicative parameters
- Experience in scientific fieldwork, laboratory analysis and Environmental Compliance
- Experience of aquatic macro-invertebrate sampling and aquatic macro-invertebrate identification skills to Family level
- An enthusiasm for working outdoors in all weathers
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail
- An understanding of the role of regulators such as the Environment Agency
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team following precise protocols
- Motivated, friendly and confident when interacting with clients
- Consistently able to deliver excellent service whilst representing the Company in a positive manner
- Full clean driving licence, and be comfortable with driving a van regularly
- Proof of the right to work in the UK will be required
Environmental Monitoring Technician Benefits:
- 33 days holiday including 8 for bank holidays
- Company vehicle suitable for role / all business travel included
- Regular opportunities for training and development
- Company refer a friend scheme
- Pension scheme
- Progression opportunities and clear career path
- All uniform / work wear provided
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience for this role please apply today!