Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Access Group||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>access group|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Development Team Lead
Development Team Lead
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Development Team Lead
We are looking for a Development Team Lead initially focussing on development of Access' central web component library.
This is a challenging role in an exciting fast paced company with lots of opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects.
You will work directly with our UX and development team, distributed across the UK and Europe, implementing a consistent, unified user experience across our extensive & diverse portfolio of SaaS solutions on the Access Workspace platform.
Leading one of our development squads, you will have a big impact on our SaaS solutions across the group, through building new web components and maintaining existing ones, and helping to drive the next version of our Experience Language and Component Library. You will lead the team, taking ownership of people, project and technical aspects of delivery.
The ideal candidate will be working within a similar position currently and have sound, demonstrable commercial experience of working on SaaS products on mobile or desktop platforms or developing Style Guides and Design Systems.
• You are an accomplished Front-End Developer with leadership experience, and with a background of building high quality software using ReactJs, ideally in a SaaS business.
• You have experience developing and maintaining reusable web components, ideally using React.
• You enjoy the challenge of maturing teams towards self-management. You are keen to apply your expertise in technical solutions and enable your team to get valuable work to done'.
• You coach the team to use modern techniques, patterns and practises to build accessible, scalable and evolvable software that is robust and stands the test of time.
• You take pride in your work and the work of your team, to ensure that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
• You demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan development sprint/release activities, prioritising according to risk and changes in delivery schedule.
• You work closely with your peers to ensure cross-team and cross-division activities are performed cohesively and efficiently, delivering the desired results for the business.
• You display ownership, responsibility and good decision-making, and will be able to coach and co-ordinate team-mates to achieve deliverables.
• You have a good understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
• You can manage and fully automate deployments or products and their dependencies across multiple physical and logical environments.
• You have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
• You test your own work and instil a quality first mentality in your team to ensure we maintain our high standards.
• You are commercially aware, and can work closely with the product team and stakeholders to ensure that everything we do is commercially appropriate.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Contribute to the strategic development of the Access Workspace Platform through your leadership of an Agile team, whilst working collaboratively with your peers to ensure a joined up approach' is consistently taken.
• Lead by hands-on example, driving both technical excellence and high individual/team performance throughout the development process.
• Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to the team, whilst ultimately taking accountability for their deliverables.
• Ensure software is designed and built to a high standard, according to the team's Definition of Done. Inspect and adapt that Definition of Done with your team.
• Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, and make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
• Help ensure all developers within the team understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria.
• Champion technical debt and its priority within the roadmap. Work with product representatives to ensure technical requirements are well understood, and expressed in business value terms.
• Adhere and contribute to department coding standards and suggest improvements to them.
• Code review other developers work, providing constructive feedback, advising on best practice & coding standards
• Drive the development of processes and improvements.
• Ensure the team creates the appropriate technical documentation where required, both for internal and external consumption.
• Report to Development Manager on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
• Provide motivational leadership, mentoring and coaching to the team, including on best practice and approaches, and the continuous improvement of these.
• Manage career and skills development, performance, holidays and workloads of your team.
• Work in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded Development Team Lead working on our SaaS Platform, your technical skills and experiences likely include:
• Technology & Tools:
• CSS pre-processors (Sass, Less, etc)
• Visual Studio Code
• Browser DevTools
• Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
• Jenkins/Azure DevOps
• Git-based Source Control
• Desirable Experience:
• Experience working in a SaaS software business
• Custom Web Compilers such as StencilJS
• Accessibility requirements
• Experience of working on or with a design system / style guide
• Front-end test automation
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!