|Only 3 days left! Apply now in only 2 Minutes for FREE.|
Description: Design Engineer
Are you up for the challenge of designing unique lighting solutions for real applications? Have you the creativity and tenacity to figure out how to make the best LED devices, together with the mathematical skills and the technical nous to enjoy understanding and developing our lighting products?
At Forge, were really good at designing and manufacturing cutting edge LED lighting solutions. Thats why were a market leader in custom LED lighting and why were increasing our new product design rate. We need a bright engineer or applied scientist who can juggle the complexities of electronics, mechanics and optics. Well give you plenty of variety, interesting challenges, on-the-job training support and the opportunity to take new product designs from concept through to prototype and on to volume production. If you think youve got the skills to make a positive difference, wed love to hear from you.
You'll be directly involved in;
- Hands on mechanical and electrical/electronic design of LED lighting products
- LED optical system design including custom LED optics
- LED thermal system design including custom LED cooling solutions
- Electronics design, PCB design and prototyping
- Strong commercial awareness working to timescales & designing to cost
- Full product lifecycle design from concept though to manufacture
- Analysis of customer products and report writing
- LED component and LED industry knowledge
Whatever your engineering background, we're looking for someone who is;
- Intelligent, curious and analytical a creative designer, driven by results
- Able to develop a strong understanding of our technical products
- Structured, self-motivated and a tenacious thinker with a good eye for detail
- Actively engaged in tasks, questioning, researching, recording and distilling key information
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent IT skills including in 3D CAD software
- A graduate with a good degree in an Engineering or Applied Science discipline (or if not, has relevant experience and a good reason why not?)
- With two years or more engineering experience (preferred but not essential)
We dont expect you to already be able to tick all the boxes above, but the more the better!
Why Work For Us?
Be part of our technical team where you can create opportunities, influence business and see your work come to fruition from concept right through to customer delivery. We offer on-the-job experience and training. In addition to a rewarding career with a highly respected and long established company there is the great working atmosphere, generous salary, excellent transport links and flexible working hours. Whats more, our location offers the best of life/work balance as you can walk straight out of work and into the Lake District. With its open spaces, bustling towns, many festivals and huge number of pubs, restaurants and clubs the opportunities for both adventure and leisure are immense.
Based in Ulverston in South Lakes, you'l be a key part of our technical team, reporting directly to the Technical Manager. At times, there will be opportunities to travel to visit industry trade fairs and potential customers. This is a full time role (37 hours, Mon-Fri).
For further information and to apply, please click the application button below.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining your current salary (if applicable) and explaining why you think this is just the job for you.
Closing date for applications is Monday 4th June 2018
Other job opportunities