Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Trooli||Advertiser Type:||Company|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Trooli|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Customer Installation Engineer - Cambridge
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we're on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those "up to" speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We've already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here's why you should get in touch ...
-We're passionate about growth
We've come a long way in 2 years, from nothing to 50,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 100 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry - and that's just the start. But it's not just our network, we're passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
-We're passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn't mean these don't exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we're rightly proud of.
-We're passionate about our customers - wouldn't it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that's exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it's clear we're doing something right!
Still interested? Read on...
We're an expanding company with a very exciting future. You will be an experienced and competent fibre optic splicer who completes work to the highest quality. You will be part of an installation team connecting and testing our fibre optic cables inside the existing BT Openreach ducts to build our ultrafast broadband network, you will be working within a region locally.
THE DAY JOB
- Risk assessments. Carry out risk assessments prior to work.
- Fibre Points. Install, splice and secure fibre distribution points either underground or mounted on telegraph poles.
- Navigate the network. Interpret job packs and fibre allocation tables
- Install Passive Equipment. Install and splice splitters in broadband cabinets using automatic fusion splicer.
- Build Completion. Photograph completed fibre distribution points both inside the closure and externally showing position on chamber or on pole.
- Work safely using gate guards and signage as appropriate.
- Tools and Equipment. Take responsibility for tools issued and vehicle assigned in accordance with Trooli vehicle policy.
- Carry out acceptance testing using OTDR, light source and power meter
- Trace and rectify any faults found
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of high-quality fibre optic splicing work and excellent references, with at least 3 years' experience of splicing in BT Openreach ducts and infrastructure - both overhead and underground.
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...
- NSRWA Unit 2 Signage, guarding and light
- NSRWA Unit LA Avoidance of underground apparatus
- IPAF MEWP Mobile Boom 1B
- Conversant with principles and standards for Passive Optical Networks
- Knowledge and experience of working to BT Openreach standards and processes for underground safety, working at height and confined spaces
- Current qualification to work on BT Network or equivalent
- Full clean UK driving license.
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer