Summary Sheet: I.T. & Communications
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||Recruit 121 Limited||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Classification:||I.T. & Communications||Subclassification:|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Emma Peterson|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Excellent opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in a growing telecoms company working remotely but must be in the UK with a requirement to go to Cardiff office for meetings once a month
These are exciting times for my international client who has continued to grow through the last 6 months at a rapid rate hence the need for this brand new Cloud Infrastructure Engineer due to that growth. Huge opportunity for personal development and career progression in this company. My client has an excellent culture.
The Engineering Department is responsible for the design, implementation, configuration and ongoing maintenance and availability of various hosted UC and voice solutions with associated infrastructure.
Cloud Engineers are responsible for ensuring the availability of our infrastructure and enhancing our efficiency by developing automated workflows and processes via Scripting and tools.
- Virtual and Physical Server Build, Installation and Management
- Datacentre Management and Monitoring
- Backup, DR and BCP Implementation and Testing
- Storage Area Network Installation and Management
- Internal and External Network Security
- Infrastructure Monitoring and Fault Resolution
- Networked Systems Monitoring
- Automation and Orchestration
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Management of large scale, clustered virtualisation environments (Hyper-V and VMware)
- MS Active Directory management and maintenance experience
- OS Deployment and updating experience - MS WSUS, SCCM desirable
- MS System Centre Suite - SCCM, SCOM, VMM, DPM
- Large scale automation via Scripting; PowerShell and Python of particular interest.
- Alerting and monitoring knowledge (SNMP, SIEM, Syslog, Event Forwarding, ELK Stack)
- Backup and Recovery Technologies (Veeam)
- Strong communication and customer support skills
- Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules
- Able to execute and perform without assistance, possessing practical experience and applied knowledge
- Good inter-personal skills and a flexible working attitude
- Ability to plan, organise and solve problems
Highly Desirable Skills
- Linux Server Operating Systems
- Infrastructure as code/DevOps
- Knowledge and/or experience of enterprise network WAN and LAN disciplines - HPE, Juniper, Cisco.
- Public Cloud (Azure or AWS)
- SIEM Tools
- HPE ProLiant Server Hardware, HPE Nimble Storage
- Knowledge of VOIP and SIP systems
- Professional vendor level certifications preferred: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS
A flexible working attitude is essential as there is a requirement for weekend and evening work. There will also be a requirement to take part in the out-of-hours, on-call rota which covers key system areas.
This role is remote working with the requirement to visit offices for meetings in London or Cardiff.