Summary Sheet: Construction
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||UCA Consulting||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Full Time|
Position: Assistant Quantity Surveyor- Residential - Commercial & Brickwork Expe
Assistant Quantity Surveyor- Residential - Commercial & Brickwork Experience
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Uckfield, East Sussex
Salary: ss30000 - ss40000 (Depends on experience)
Our Client was established brickwork contractor working predominantly in the South East, who are highly regarded within our industry and take on a range of different contracts ranging from housing to commercial developments usually in the region of ss500,000 to ss3million. The company is made up of 3 directors along with a number of quantity surveyors and administrators.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Measuring and estimating.
- Preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations.
- Preparing and negotiating final accounts.
- Remeasure Bill of Quantities.
- Pricing variation orders and charging the client accordingly.
- Monitoring costs to ensure works are within budgets.
- Preparing contract claims information.
- Visit live sites to ensure works are running correctly.
- Document control.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Negotiating costs and prices.
- Attending on-site meetings.
- Attending sites at least once a month for valuations.
- Producing cost value reconciliations.
- Awareness of SMM.
- General administrative duties.
- Ensure contract cash flow is maintained.
- Preparing turnover and profit forecasts.
- A minimum of 3-4 years' experience as an assistant quantity surveyor.
- Knowledge of brickwork is essential.
- You will be highly motivated, have a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, the ability to prioritise efficiently and be reliable.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and pressurised environment.
- Team worker
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: ss30,000.00-ss40,000.00 per year
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Surveying: 3 years (Required)