Summary Sheet: Accounting
| || || || |
|Advertiser Name||TD Group Limited||Advertiser Type:||Agency|
|Country:||United Kingdom||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Language:||English - United Kingdom (en-GB) ||Contact Name:||>Neil Webb|
|Employment Type:||Permanent||Workhours:||Not Specified|
Position: Finance Manager
Our client is a major UK wide organisation. With a strong commercial focus, they are passionate about improving and developing a huge range of unique outside spaces for people to enjoy all over the country. They are now looking to develop the business further by expanding their Finance team, as such they have a requirement for a Finance Manager based at their centre in Leeds.
This role will report directly to the Head of Finance and will be supporting the day to day cash flow, investments, insurance risk and pensions. This is a key role in the team and someone with experience of working within a commercial environment and has experience of working with internal and external stakeholders is vital. It goes without saying that the successful candidate will therefore need to possess strong influencing skills and process know how and communication skills.
Key competencies required:
We're looking for a natural self-starter that has a rounded background in finance.
- Support the Head of Finance and Business Intelligence in the efficient management of the Trust's cash resources, optimising returns for reinvestment
- Working with specialist advisors to manage the Trust's insurance risk - including ensuring adequacy of cover, liaison with external stakeholders, ensuring appropriate accounting provisions and monitoring of claims with support of the Trust's insurance advisor
- Ensuring full compliance with all tax and reporting requirements with support of tax advisors
- Manage the administration of the defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes with support of pension advisors
- Management of fluctuating bank balances and investments to ensure funds are available for purchases and surplus funds invested appropriately to maximise returns. Cash and non-property investments
- Responsible for approval of quarterly VAT returns with totals of over ss20m input and output tax per annum
- Preparation of short, medium- and long-term cash flow forecasts to ensure efficient management of the cash resources
- Ensure full compliance with all corporation tax, SDLT and VAT legislation and reporting requirements, providing advice to internal stakeholder on all tax matters
The ideal candidate will have the following skills;
- Qualified accountant with at least two years PQE in a commercial environment
- Educated to degree level or higher
- Experience in Treasury and working capital management
- Excellent people management and motivational skills
- Proven ability to use creative and innovative thinking to ensure development of processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
A competitive salary of ss55k, company car, 25 days holiday, plus an excellent contributory Pension scheme and numerous other flexible employee benefits.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity